It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board

• Day 19 and still haven't ovulated...what's going on?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-25-2005, 10:14 AM   #1
    Heidi1220
    (female)

Heidi1220 HB User
    Day 19 and still haven't ovulated...what's going on?

Ok...first of all....I chart. Today is day 19 and my temperature was 97.4...that's the highest it's been except for one 97.5 about 7 days ago. Yesterday was 97.3...so I know that was not my ovulation temp today. I'm thinking my temps are starting to creep up - but very slowly....and not enough to say I've ovulated yet.

I was preg. in March and my temperature rose on day 20...but that's the latest I've ever ovulated and I thought I could contribute that to stress...but maybe not?...

My b/f's theory is my egg has already been released and is being fertilized right now and then when it passes through the tubes and such my temp will rise. He *thinks* that when I usually ovulated around day 14-16 that my egg has already come and gone, but if it's a few days late (like now) that something different is going on, ie., the egg being fertilized. This sounds crazy to me....

What do you ladies think? Is he just wishful thinking?

Thanks for your replies.

Heidi

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 05:45 PM   #2
    tglenn
    Veteran
    (female)

tglenn HB User
    Re: Day 19 and still haven't ovulated...what's going on?

The research that I have done stated that you should have three consecutive temp. rises before you can officially say you ovulated! Hope that helps and good luck! ***BABY DUST***

Old 08-25-2005, 06:55 PM   #3
    Sherbet
    Veteran
    (female)

Sherbet HB User

Hey Heidi...

I'm thinking you may be putting your all eggs into one basket (so to speak)! To really be able to pinpoint when you ovulate, I believe you need to have more than one predictor. At the moment you're relying on your temps alone. I did that for months without joy and decided to use other methods as well. In the end when I finally got pregnant I was using temps, ovulation predictor sticks, cervical mucus and cervix position. Sounds over the top but after 14 months of BFNs I really took charge. I also took evening primrose oil to increase my cm which was a huge help in the process....

Good luck

Old 08-27-2005, 11:16 PM   #4
    WickedQueenie
    (female)

WickedQueenie HB User

Relatively new to the TTC business but am going through something similar myself. I am at day 18 and nothing yet. I have been taking my temp AND using a test kit but to no avail. Maybe I ovulated way before I should have (according to my cycle and what the books say I mean), or maybe it's still yet to happen. I have spotting before each "real" period each month which is a very regular 28days even after coming off the pill; so am I ovulating in between those? Who knows?! I am becoming paranoid (yes, even in these very early stages) that I may be getting too old (36) to be fertile enough to pull this off (and remain sane anyways). I have had one child, but it took a while to fall with her and that was in my late 20's. I put it down to the long distance and not too much baby dancing between me and her daddy. My wonderful husband is very fertile and has had two children by his former wife, but I am having my doubts about my own fertility now. *sniffle*

Anyways, this has turned into an epic saga. I should have said hi to everyone first and my apologies for that. So HI to all and sundry and happy baby dancing to you all!!! (I love that phrase, it's just so cute of a way of putting it)

Old 08-28-2005, 06:47 AM   #5
    polarized13
    Inactive
    (female)

Location: Minnesota, just moved from California where I lived my whole life.
    polarized13 HB User

Hi Ladies,

I just had a similar conversation with my nurse at my Reproducive Endocrnologist's office. I didn't ovulate this month either. I seem to only ovulate every other month according to the charting I've been doing.

I'm 36 also, and it's not uncommon for that to happen to us older gals, that's what she told me. Not even fertility drugs can make a difference if one of your ovaries isn't functioning right. If you ovulate some months, then there's still a chance, so hang in there, and know your body, and be ready when it happens. Good luck to all of you!!

~~heather~~

Old 08-28-2005, 08:26 AM   #6
    WickedQueenie
    (female)

WickedQueenie HB User

I don't know whether to be relieved that I am not going insane, or scared because maybe it is really too late for this for me. At least I am not the only one. I guess i should take some comfort in that thought *sigh* So, off to the store I go to get me another kit then for next month *bigger sigh*.

Old 08-30-2005, 11:42 AM   #7
    Heidi1220
    (female)

Heidi1220 HB User

Well, I finally ovulated...on CD 20!!! So now I am 5 dpo's. I'm in my 2ww and hate this time of the month. I'm scared to tan, I'm scared to jog --- just "in case" something is brewing inside of me - I don't want to mess it up!

Good Luck to everyone...**baby dust to all**

Heidi

Old 08-30-2005, 03:52 PM   #8
    WickedQueenie
    (female)

WickedQueenie HB User

Yaaaayyyy! Maybe there's hope for me yet then!! Keeping everything bar my legs crossed hun!!

Old 08-30-2005, 03:54 PM   #9
    Sherbet
    Veteran
    (female)

Sherbet HB User

Good luck Heidi.... I have all of my fingers and toes crossed for you

Closed Thread