It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board

Trying and trying and .......

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-24-2005, 12:35 PM   #1
here4support
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User
Unhappy Trying and trying and .......

Well hello again, it is just me....."here4support"

I've been feeling very discouraged about TTC. I hate how every month I get my hopes up only to be let down again when AF comes.

Why do some women just get pregnant like nothing and then there are others that have to wait FOREVER....

I am so confused about my ovulation period. I never FEEL anything or see anything different. I used this ovulation test kit and that didn't work either. I also have been counting my cycle days and trying to figure out my luetal phase and all that.... *sigh* I'm just getting frustrated

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks for reading if you got this far...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2005, 07:53 AM   #2
here4support
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User
Unhappy Re: Trying and trying and .......

anyone

Old 10-25-2005, 07:57 AM   #3
susieq0726
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User
Re: Trying and trying and .......

I am with ya,,,I know how frustrating it is. I have gotten to the point where my husband and I are going to do the BD every other day for the entire month and see what happens!!!

Old 10-25-2005, 09:19 AM   #4
greenjppixie
(female)

greenjppixie HB User

I know how you feel. DH & I are only in our 4th month, but it's starting to take its toll on me. Last month I just knew I was going to get my BFP. I got AF instead. I can't offer you advice on how to be patient, but I can maybe suggest some other things. I'm not sure what all you are trying besides charting, but I'll tell you what I've done and what I think has helped. Keep in mind that I have not gotten my BFP yet, so this advice may be useless to you. 1) I am dedicated to BBT charting. I have 3 cycles completed and this has really helped me see patterns in my cycle. It is also just interesting to know how your body works. It's also good to have these charts b/c DH & I decided to see a DR if we aren't successful in 6 months. I can bring my charts and show them that I do O, have a normal LP, and we BD at the right times. There are 3 questions already answered. 2) I take EPO from AF to O. This has really increased my CM. I also bought Pre-seed and this has helped in the BD dept. 3) I take Vitex every day. I think this has helped b/c the first month I was taking it I Oed 2 days sooner and had less spotting before AF (that's a problem I'm trying to correct). For reasons beyond my control, the next cycle I ended up having a 1-2 week break from Vitex and I ended up Oing later and had more spotting. I also drink Red Raspberry Leaf tea every day, which is supposed to strengthen the uterus. Couldn't tell you if that has happened! LOL. Again, I don't know if this helps you at all. At least you can take comfort in knowing you're not the only one that is impatient!

Old 10-25-2005, 12:44 PM   #5
lilalegna
(female)

lilalegna HB User

hi, i can relate to your frustration! dh and i have not been using any form of b/c since last december. ever since then my cycles have been irregular, and just now getting back to normal. i have tried several times to start taking my bbt, but cant seem to stick with it, im beginning to think that the bfp will never come. just within the last couple of months, i've noticed af getting back to my normal. and then around the times that im predicting ovulation, there has been light spotting, so im hopful that things are evening out for me. sorry to ramble, just letting you know that you are not alone!
babydust to us all
Angie

Old 10-25-2005, 02:55 PM   #6
steph66
Senior Veteran
(female)

steph66 HB User

I know that this process can be very frustruating and even "unfair". My husband and I tried for over a year before I got my bfp. it was so hard every month and even harder when both of my SIL got pregnant once we started trying, and of course for them it "just happened"! All I can tell you is to hang in there and dont give up hope because you will hold your miracle in your arms one day. I thought I would NEVER conceive and we pursevered and here we are today, I am 4 months pg. What really helped me finally get pg was a regimine that I started the very month i got my bfp. I took vitex in liquid form from last day of af until O. I also drank 4 glasses of green tea(to increase CM) daily from last day of af until day after O and I also took 3 teaspoons of robitussin daily the week before O (which is supposed to thin out your CM) and I also did an OPK for the first time. Vitex really helps if you need to regulate your af's, I had irregular af's. Also charting is SOOO important for you to keep up with. Just stick with it and you will notice patterns in your cycle. And even if you dont, just as greenjppixie said, you can show it to your doctor (who will ask for you to chart anyways) this way you're one step ahead. I went to my doctor and he told me he wanted at least 4-6 months of charting before he would go on to any other steps. Also a GREAT book to read is called Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. This book was very helpful and had tons of great information in there. I wish you ladies good luck and please dont give up. I know it's hard but the reward is well worth the wait, dont you think? Please dont hesitate to ask any questions and if it helps you at all you can go back into my posts to see exactly what I did when I got the bfp or just ask me and i will answer you as best i can. Take care of yourselves!!

Last edited by steph66; 10-25-2005 at 02:56 PM.

Old 10-25-2005, 04:53 PM   #7
pengdent
(female)

pengdent HB User

I am on my 4th cycle TTC but haven't used protection since March of this year. I have waited so long TTC. It had to be postponed b/c I had surgery in January for dysplasia. Then in March when I wanted to start TTC I found out I need to be vaccinated for varicella. That took about 5 months of waiting because you can't get pregnant for 3 months after the last vaccination.
I was so naiive to think I would get pregnant on my first try because I waited so long to TTC! I am taking epo, robitussin, pre-seed, and charting. I agree that the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" is very helpful. I am so grateful for this message board there are lots of supportive ladies here, it really has helped me.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:15 PM   #8
all9lives
(female)

all9lives HB User

I know how you feel. I having been lurking around and sometimes post.... But I have been trying for a couple years now and now DH wants to stop. Just found out that his sister is prego, first try mind you.... I was so depressed after I found out. Don't get me wrong I'm happy for her, but depressed at the same time, wishing it was me. I have decided the best thing to do is stop trying for a while and hopefully it will happen on it's own. Not to go religious on you guys, but God knows I want this and He will make it happen when it's the right time for me. Just relax and try not to think about it so much. I know, easier said than done. {removed} . I wish you the best here4support and all of you ladies.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 10-26-2005 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Off Topic

Old 10-25-2005, 10:14 PM   #9
FairyMagick
Inactive
(female)

FairyMagick HB User

{removed} I will be going on my 4th month in November and have already started to think it is getting to be to much on me. I had an early miscarriage last month I know what you mean about it seeming like other woman just get preggo so easily. There are 3 people in my family now pregnant. And two that just had babies. And they all have no problems. Matter of fact no one has ever had any problems in my family. I realize trying for 4 months isn't that long but it seems like it! I am always very happy for other woman that get pregnant I will never get bitter but when I see a mother who doesn't even want a baby or hear a mother complaining about not getting any sleep because of a crying baby. It makes me wonder why it is so hard for some and not others. Especially the ones who don't even want a child. Sorry to rant just know your not alone!

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 10-26-2005 at 05:32 AM. Reason: Off Topic

Old 10-27-2005, 11:40 AM   #10
here4support
Senior Veteran
(female)

here4support HB User
Unhappy Re: Trying and trying and .......

Thanks soooooooooo MUCH for posting and letting me know I'm not alone! Sharing your suggestions, thoughts and ideas with me is a great comfort!

I've got that Taking Charge of Your Fertility at home and I started reading it but then felt very confused when it came to charting and stuff so I dropped the book, it is sitting in my room collecting dust. Maybe it is time I go back and re-read????

I'm having a real hard time figuring out when I'm ovulating. My cycles are normal and range from about 29-31 days. I just don't know.....I do feel good to have support here and I wish all of you baby dust!

Closed Thread