It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board

statistics?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2005, 12:02 AM   #1
Sara20
Veteran
(female)

Sara20 HB User
statistics?

Just curious, i was trying to find out statistics on how long it takes to get pregnant. All i could find was one that said a 15-25% chance each cycle. This is my 3rd month of ttc and we had sex almost everyday for 2 weeks starting the day my period ended. Does anyone know statistically after 3 months, what the chances are? Im almost sure i did not ovulate this month. if i would have gotten pregnant 2 or 3 days before ovulation, then did not ovulate could that be a sign of pregnancy?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2005, 09:33 PM   #2
FairyMagick
Inactive
(female)

FairyMagick HB User
Re: statistics?

Hi ,
Have you tried the ovulation kits? I'm going on my 4th month. I have read that if after 6 months of trying it is suggested to see your obgyn for any problems. But it doesn't mean you have one, it is just suggested.
I know how you feel though it seems like just one month is a million years . I have been telling myself lately I don't know if I can go threw this every month.
Best of luck to you and try not to worry to much, your right they say there is only a 25% chance each month. Sounds crazy though seems like most woman get preggo there first try.

Old 10-29-2005, 10:18 PM   #3
chysmom
Veteran
(female)

chysmom HB User

I heard that you should go to a dr if your under 30 and have been ttc for over a year over 30 after 6 mos. I dont know what the statistics are through. Have you been BDing when your ovulating? That is when you should be BDing. Baby dust to all who are ttc !!

Old 10-30-2005, 07:19 AM   #4
kjm120
(female)

kjm120 HB User

Hi Sara
I am right there with you. This is also my 3rd month trying. I am currently in the 2 week waiting period that is driving me nuts. My DH and I have BD almost every day this month and really every day during the fertile time. I believe you are correct on the 25% chance per cycle. It just seems so weird because I know so many people that got pregnanct so fast. I am just not one of them. Good luck to you!

Old 10-30-2005, 07:30 AM   #5
pengdent
(female)

pengdent HB User

Hi,
I just got af today. Now I will be on my 5th cycle of TTC. Just a thought, you could also go to the pregnancy board and ask how long it took them TTC.
Baby dust to everyone!

Old 10-30-2005, 09:34 AM   #6
chysmom
Veteran
(female)

chysmom HB User

Sorry to hear AF showed its face bummer! When I finally regulated I got pg the first month back to ttc. I was told DONT THINK ABOUT IT and IT WILL HAPPEN. Just BD and have fun with it and it worked when we were able to ttc again I got pg that month right away. Good luck to all. Baby dust

Old 10-31-2005, 12:50 PM   #7
rounsy222
(female)

rounsy222 HB User

Hello all
My husband and I had to use insemination to get pregnant and it took us 2 times that way to finally get a big fat positive. I read alot of you saying that you had sex almost everyday since your LMP and sometimes that can be an issue in itself. Just because a man can have sex everyday doesnt mean that the quantity is there. Our doctor told us when we were trying on our own that we should wait atleast a day in between for them to build up again or there just isnt enough of them to do their job. The best thing to do is use the ovulation kits and do the dance as soon as you get that positive for surge. I found out with those kits that I ovulate on my 12day which was totally wierd for me because I was positive it was 3days later than that and that was part of our problem, besides my husband having issues if we would have known that it wouldnt have taken us so long.
Good luck to you all
Meg
Due April 16

Old 11-01-2005, 11:29 AM   #8
marie81
(female)

marie81 HB User

You can't get pregnant unless you O. I would do the opk every month. If you aren't getting a surge every month, I would go to the dr. I know a lot of dr's won't see you until you've been trying for atleast a year, but if you don't o, I would fib a bit about the amount of time you have been trying. It took me 3.5yrs, an RE, lots of meds, and an iui to get a bfp. I would suggest that you don't waste any time if you know that there is a problem. Also, you can go to a gyn and they will run a bunch of tests. If they find a problem, I would go straight to a RE. I wasted 2yrs with my gyn before moving on to a RE. My first cycle with her, I got my bfp.

Old 11-01-2005, 01:49 PM   #9
weepyone
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

hi good luck to all ttc i just wanted to post to give all the newbies some hope to. i got pg the first month of trying having lots of bm sex. unfortunatly it ended in m/c but after next af we ttc again and got another bfp all is going well so far. we are all so different and even though i am one of those who some women hate for getting pg so quickly my m/c shows sometimes we really need not be envious at all as speed of conception does not reflect a healthy baby or pg it is all out of our control a bummer i know. good luck to you all

Closed Thread