It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board

Could I have ovulated?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2005, 08:33 AM   #1
ALOdem
(female)

ALOdem HB User
Could I have ovulated?

Hello!
I've been browsing the these boards for several months now waiting for depo to clear my system so that hubby and I can start trying for our first. My doctor gave me some Prometrium to start my periods back, but he didn't like the side effects it had (I felt like I had been drugged) so he told me not to take it anymore. The good news is that one dose worked and five days later (24 Oct) I had a period! yay!

I have been having pains in my right side that stopped yesterday and I am wondering if it is possible that I ovulated already? CM started increasing yesterday too, but it's still lotiony. Is that good? The calculator I used said I would be fertile from 4-7 Nov so I'm not really sure if this month is a bust or not.

We only bd on Sunday so I doubt there is much of a chance for a BFP this month if I did O early. I wish we had last night, but hubby worked late and I was too tired when he got home.

What does everyone think? Am I grabbing at straws or is there a chance I am getting back to normal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2005, 08:51 AM   #2
greenjppixie
(female)

greenjppixie HB User
Re: Could I have ovulated?

Sounds like you may be getting back to normal, but I have to admit, I don't have personal experience with this. The best way to confirm that O occurred is by BBT charting. You can try using an OPK, but I had a horrible experience with that, so I personally would not reccomend it. My BBT chart shows that I ovulated a week earlier than usual, but the OPK never detected it. As a result, DH & I missed our chance this month! Also, I've read that sometimes your body will have the LH surge (that's what the OPK detects), but you may not actually O. Some women swear by them, though so I guess if you have the money to spend then you could try it. A better method may be to start BDing every other day from the end of AF for a few weeks or until the next AF comes. You may also look up info in Fertility Awareness Method (FAM). I think that is the most helpful info I've gotten in the 4 months that we've been TTC. Good luck!

Old 11-02-2005, 11:27 AM   #3
ALOdem
(female)

ALOdem HB User
Re: Could I have ovulated?

Thanks! I did some reading on FAM and it cleared some things up for me. Good luck!

Closed Thread