It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board

Lube and Pregnancy

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-23-2005, 03:51 AM   #1
choclate
Inactive
(male)

choclate HB User
Lube and Pregnancy

Well, I am male 26. I got married some 8 months back. We planned not to have a baby but didn't use any contraceptives like condoms or pills etc. The only thing we did was to stop the babies through withdrawl. We knew that pregnancy is possible even through pre *** but we were ready to take that much risk. 8 months we were almost unprotected. She didn't get pregnant, is this a cause of concern. Is sex without condom similar to releasing inside her. Should we be worried??

Secondly, now we have decided to have a baby and someone told my wife the lubes can cause difficulty in conceiving. Me and my wife always used lubes as she was kinda dry. Now, its not possible for me too to do it without lube as I am fairly accustomed to it and more so its difficult for my wife to do it without lube. Can lube be a hinderance?? Does lube cause malfunctioning of conceiving?? If so how?? and do let know that whether the lube we are using is safe. Its liquid paraffin (also called liquid wax). Please tell.

Last edited by choclate; 11-23-2005 at 03:53 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2005, 04:10 AM   #2
curious_girl
(female)

curious_girl HB User
Re: Lube and Pregnancy

Some Lubes have spermacytical(misspelled) in them. my fiance and i have used those before and we had to discontinue the use b/c i had a bad reaction to it. usually it will so on the bottle if it has it on it or not. i would think that if it does say it then you would be fine to use it. if you must use lube use the falvored kind---->more than likely htey wont have spermacytical in it conceidering it goes in your mouth. hope i help. GOOD LUCK

Old 11-23-2005, 04:56 AM   #3
dad_2b
(male)

dad_2b HB User

I have never used it, but there is one called PRESEED (or something like that) that is supposed to be for this type of situation.

Old 11-23-2005, 05:14 AM   #4
weepyone
Senior Veteran
(female)

weepyone HB User

choc
i just wanted to say me and dh used withdrawal for over 3 years and did not get pg. however the first month he stopped withdrwing we got our bfp, so not getting pg using withdrwal does not always mean anything. oh after that bfp i had m/c then a month later we tried to conceive again and got another bfp so we must be fertile. good luck

Closed Thread