It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board

• Does anyone know if taking a shower after you bd

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-08-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
    chysmom
    Veteran
    (female)

chysmom HB User
    Does anyone know if taking a shower after you bd

Affect anything? Dh and I are ttc, and usually I will wait until the next day to take a shower, but I hate it. I feel all gross and that sex smell, all of you know what I mean. I was curious if I wait like 2 hrs after we BD if it will affect anything.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2006, 03:34 AM   #2
    sammieP
    Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User
    Re: Does anyone know if taking a shower after you bd

Hi - i actually raise my legs in the air for 1/2 hour or so and then lie still for a further 1/2 hour, depending on my mood i either wait for the morning or take a shower after 1 hour, the doctors havent told me it could prevent the ttc process so i guess it would be ok.

Good luck

Old 01-09-2006, 02:33 PM   #3
    chysmom
    Veteran
    (female)

chysmom HB User

Thank you very much! I know now I will wait an hour before I take a shower! Thanks again!

Old 01-09-2006, 08:46 PM   #4
    popoaikonkon
    (female)

popoaikonkon HB User

RAISING your legs UP HIGH for about 20 minutes is enough. I think; thats how i got pregnant.

I really doubt taking a shower would effect conceiving rates ... by 20 minutes all of the sperms would have already go into the body and absorbed.

^__^

Old 01-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #5
    coley1121
    (female)

coley1121 HB User

Guess I was doing this ALL wrong...no wonder why I am not pg. My dh and I bd in the shower a lot! We take a shower together in the morning everyday and it just seemed easier for us with our schedules. Not only do I bd in the shower, I am also standing up...guess we are going to have to change things up a bit.

Closed Thread