It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board

update..

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-18-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
cookiemunster65
Veteran
(female)

cookiemunster65 HB User
update..

hello all.

in my journey the past few months of ttc, dh and i decided to take a break (due to severe complications around a "due date" for next year if i would get pg within the next few months.)

to fill all of you in, in my absense from posting:
my last period was 06/19, bunch of negative hpt's, and a negative blood test, but sore bbs, cramping, m/s, etc etc ETC ETC ETC...

FINALLY, after a 56day cycle, and 39dpo, aunt flo arrived will bells on. i had some pretty major clots (sorry, tmi..) that were so large, it almost made me call my doctor. so, i had huge clots the first and second day, gradually tapering off. i figured it was because i skipped a month, the clotting would be twice as bad.

no matter. its nice breaking from charting and such. i am still however, keeping track of cycle days and symptoms (incase my doctor wants to see it) at my september 2nd pelvic exam.

hopefully, and i say that twisting a double edge sword, all of these symptoms have been in my head and it was all just the stress of ttc. if that is the case, DH would be right, and i will be crazy (as he called me after i got the results of my bloodwork, causing my previous post!) so hopefully now that i'm stopping ttc, things will cool down. i've decided that dh and i are not ready for a little one, as he (as well as i) have things to work on within ourselves and our relationship together. calling me CRAZY wasn't really a kick in the right direction, if you catch my drift.

i'm still checking in, and still wishing you all the baby dust i got ('cause i dont need it for a while!).

with love,
cookie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2008, 03:31 PM   #2
h19
Veteran
(female)

h19 HB User
Re: update..

Really glad to hear from you Cookie. I'm also glad that AF is back and you seem to be on the right track now. Stress can do some pretty weird things to a person's body, so hopefully now without tracking cycles and worrying about TTC, your body will get a nice break.

I'm also glad that you are taking some time to think things through and work on your relationship with DH. The best thing a (future) parent can do, is create a happy home. You two sound like you need some time to re-kindle what was there before this crazy TTC journey.

Best of luck to you, and keep in touch!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
DueNApril09
(female)

DueNApril09 HB User

Best of luck to you, Cookie! I'll be thinking about you and I know things are going to work out for the best
Expecting baby #1 EDD April 20, 2009!

Old 08-18-2008, 04:32 PM   #4
andreanchris
(female)

andreanchris HB User

I have thought about you quite a bit. Thank you for the update. Good luck and I hope to see you over on the pregnancy boards when you decide to try again. Best wishes!

Old 08-20-2008, 06:24 AM   #5
elainee
Veteran
(female)

elainee HB User

Cookie,

So good to hear from you. I didn't see this post until now. I'm so glad AF finally arrived for you, what a cycle that last one was!! You had a horrible stressful time of it. I'd say you are relieved now that you are taking a break for a while (hopefully not too long).

As for DH, that was a very hurtful thing to say to you when you needed him to be supportive. As I said before, men just experience the whole ttc journey the same way women do. I'm sure every woman reading this will agree with me. It just doesn't effect them the same way.

Hopefully with the pressure of now, you can discuss of these issues with him and he'll gain greater insight into it and start off more supportive the next time. I'm always telling DH that it's far from over when his end of things is done (if you know what I mean).

Keep in touch and keep us informed with what is going on with you xx

Old 08-20-2008, 06:38 AM   #6
cookiemunster65
Veteran
(female)

cookiemunster65 HB User

thank you all for your kind words.

dh and i are planning to make time for eachother (date nights) at least 2 nights every week. since we have no kids, its easy for us to do so. his schedule is always wacky week to week (being a full time emt/firefighter.) i mean, 3 out of 5 weekdays he's not home until midnight, then goes back to work at 5am, and he's usually home a total of 12 hours over the entire weekend!

needless to say, i learn to fend for myself on alot of my emotional needs, as he his not always around when i need him (although i know he wishes he could be.) but in our area, emt's get paid less then $15/hr, when they SHOULD be making $50+!! (the most important job anyone can have, really.) so he feels the stress of being the "all-mighty bread winner."

hopefully the time off from ttc will do us some good, he can talk me down from stressing, and hopefully i can talk him down from working so much, as (obviously) it's putting alot of stress on our relationship and ttc.

so i have a full pelvic exam on september 2nd, i will most likely post after the appointment, unless i find out the secret to breaking down dh i know we could all use alot of pointers when it comes to our men! god-love'm.

thank you all again for thinking of me, and you all are always in my thoughts and prayers as well. god bless.

cookie

Closed Thread