It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board

Charting...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2008, 10:29 PM   #1
RebeccaS
(female)

RebeccaS HB User
Smile Charting...

Can some one explain charting to me..Ive never done it and just recently heard about it...do you have to have a fancy thermometer or can you use a basic one? Any info is welcomed!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2008, 06:50 AM   #2
thaele
Inactive
(female)

thaele HB User
Re: Charting...

Hey there,

No fancy thermometer is needed. Some women get a bbt (basal body thermometer) but I just use a regular one myself. What really helps is reading the book taking charge of your fertility. It explains it in great detail.

You need to take your temp every morning, roughly at the same time, exactly when you wake up.. so your thermometer needs to stay right next to your bed!! Don't go pee/drink/anything! There's lots of thermometers that have memory built in so if you're like me an like to stay in bed a bit before you wake up.. you can turn it off.. then when you turn it on it'll show your last temperature taken.

Mark them down every day.. you can make up a chart or you can find sites online that will help with it, they can even 'predict' with some fairly decent educated guesses as to when you're going to ovulate or when AF is coming..

If you want more info just ask, not sure what more to add here.

I've been charting for the past month.. I don't know if your first month is always screwy because you're just getting used to doing it? My temps haven't told me anything, or, they're saying I'm not ovulating lol. It can be fairly confusing to figure out exactly what they mean but over time I think it gets easier. The site I use also allows you to compare to other charts.. so that's very helpful too.

Good luck!

Old 10-23-2008, 06:51 AM   #3
quibby84
(female)

quibby84 HB User
Re: Charting...

I pretty much hate charting, because its so up and down...but my doctor said that I have to.
I put a normal thermometer next to my bed and I have a graph the doc gave me (although I think you can get them online), and when I wake up before I go to the bathroom I take my temp and mark it. But I hear that many things can change the temp..so who knows???
Also you can chart your CM, and when you BD, it helps to use that part to look back. I to the temp on the chart, but I do the CM on a computer calendar...

Closed Thread