It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board

Femara use for infertility treatment?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
littlebo
(female)

littlebo HB User
Femara use for infertility treatment?

Well, unfortunately it appears AF is starting for my Thanksgiving instead of me getting a BFP. I was so hopeful after my HSG earlier this month that we'd get pg.

My OB/GYN had suggested if we choose to get more aggressive we could try IUI next. The nurse explained would use Clomid again (which I did over the summer) to stimulate my ovaries. I experienced severe vertigo around my cycles for the 3 months following the Clomid which I shared w/my doctor's office. This is why he suggested using Femara instead of Clomid.

I know I need to do more research, because I knew Femara to be a drug for breast cancer. Not infertility. While I'm researching it though, I wanted to see if anyone here used it in their efforts to get pg. Anything you can share about you learned, experienced, or results obtained would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2008, 09:52 PM   #2
rin1010
(female)

rin1010 HB User
Re: Femara use for infertility treatment?

Femara creates a more healthy follicle and it also doesn´t have the same side effects as clomid. My sister took it to get pg. It usually will make 1 or 2 follies and does not interfere with your lining, in fact it helps your lining and doesn´t cause hostile CM. It also doesn´t stay in your system for months like clomid.

Last edited by rin1010; 11-27-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:35 AM   #3
littlebo
(female)

littlebo HB User
Re: Femara use for infertility treatment?

I appreciate the information. I've been reading any previous posts re. Femara, also. I'm on my 4th day of Femara 5mg; I'll take the last dose tomorrow which will be CD 7. I had to call the doctor's office back yesterday for more instructions regarding next steps.

One thing I'm not quite sure of is re. using OPK. I asked the nurse who called me back if I should be testing @ home. I was told I could, but I didn't clarify what I'm to do if I get a + OPK result before my follicle study ultrasound. That's been scheduled for next Monday on CD 12. The doctor's original plan had been for u/s on CD 10, but that's Saturday.

I likely won't ovulate before CD 12 anyway, but was curious what others experience with this had been. And realizing I may need to call the office back for a better understanding.

Anybody whose had an experience w/this though I'd like to hear from you!
Thanks!

Closed Thread