It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Trying to Conceive (TTC) Message Board

It *might* be a line...

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2008, 09:35 AM   #1
Koukla12905
(female)

Koukla12905 HB User
It *might* be a line...

Hello everyone,

I just now used an Answer brand PT with my FMU. I'm 10 or 11 DPO so I haven't missed a period yet, but I'm impatient and wanted to test!
Anyway, there is a VERY faint second line, where the "pregnant" indicator line should be. Now I know "a line is a line", but I don't want to get my hopes up. Has anyone else used this particular brand? I am wondering if that faint line actually means anything, or if it appears all the time. I even opened the second test that came in the box to see if the line was on that one already, but I didn't see it. I know I can also just wait and see if AF arrives, but that will make for a long four days!
Can anyone help me out here? Can I be happy about this faint line or should I not get my hopes up?

Thanks all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2008, 09:47 AM   #2
cookiemunster65
Veteran
(female)

cookiemunster65 HB User
Re: It *might* be a line...

i would try again tomorrow or saturday to see if there's a line or it got any darker.. but as you said "a line is a line is a line" so i'll give you a very quiet congrats and keep my fingers crossed for you

Old 12-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #3
Koukla12905
(female)

Koukla12905 HB User

The line seems to have gotten darker since I took the test, but I know that doesn't mean anything 3 hours later. I'm going to test again tomorrow morning (or Saturday, if I can wait that long!) and keep my fingers crossed!

Last edited by moderator2; 12-23-2008 at 09:27 PM. Reason: please do not post pictures for any reason - as per the posting policy

Old 12-04-2008, 07:36 PM   #4
jessjjm
(female)

jessjjm HB User

I used an internet cheapie test at 10 DPO and i had that same faint line.. thought it was supposed to be there type thing took another one right away same faint line.. took another one ran it under water no faint line under the water.. So i went to the Doc an hour later for a blood test and it was positive. I am now 9 weeks and 6 days pregnant! Take another one and if the line is still there its positive. I never took another one after that to see how and when the line got darker.. I used them all up that one day! But I would go for a blood test if it comes back with a line again! Good luck!!!

Old 12-04-2008, 11:58 PM   #5
Koukla12905
(female)

Koukla12905 HB User

Congratulations Jessjjm! I did get 2 tests in the box so I'm sure I'll test when I wake up again tomorrow (even though I told myself I'd wait until Saturday...) and see what happens. I'm trying SO hard not to overanalyze and get myself all excited, but I've taken HPTs before and I've never seen even a very faint positive line. I haven't even missed AF yet for crying out loud (she's due on the 10th) so I REALLY don't want to get my hopes up... also I don't really want to go galloping off for a blood test b/c I don't have insurance at the moment... we'll see what tomorrow brings!
I'll be updating, wish me baby dust!

Old 12-05-2008, 07:46 PM   #6
thaele
Inactive
(female)

thaele HB User

Sounds to me like a BFP so I'm gonna say congrats now!

Old 12-06-2008, 12:44 AM   #7
Koukla12905
(female)

Koukla12905 HB User

Well, here's the update....

This morning I used the second "Answer" HPT and it was again positive, but with a very light line. So before work I stopped at Kmart and got some generic brand and gave it a go at work... and got my 3rd positive, with a darker line which showed up more quickly than on the other two. So, after 3 positives in 2 days, I'm gonna be brave and say the words...

I'M PREGNANT!!

Now I'm just going to be all stressed out until the time for AF has come and gone without her crashing the party... I'm afraid it'll turn out to be nothing after all.

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and congrats, I hope to see all of you on the pregnancy board soon! good luck and baby dust for the holidays

Old 12-06-2008, 07:21 PM   #8
thaele
Inactive
(female)

thaele HB User

hehe I hate to say it.. well really no.. but I told you so! I knew it wasn't a fluke. If you can clearly see any kind of line it's a BFP but I don't know how it feels to think there could be one but not wanting to get your hopes up. Damnit, when's my turn!

Have a fun 9 months!

Old 12-08-2008, 06:40 AM   #9
cookiemunster65
Veteran
(female)

cookiemunster65 HB User

congrats! have a happy and healthy 9 months, and i hope that the rest of us will follow you this cycle!!

Closed Thread