It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• (19F) Pressure and heaviness in urethra/bladder

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-01-2016, 02:12 PM   #1
    HeyleyTes

HeyleyTes HB User
    Unhappy (19F) Pressure and heaviness in urethra/bladder

Hello. I am a 19 year old female and I've been having strange feelings of pressure and heaviness in my bladder and urethra for almost 6 months now. When I try to pee I have a hard time "opening up" it feels like my urethral opening is very tight and I feel like the urine creates lots of pressure there until I release it. After I'm done I feel like I still have some feeling of pressure but it goes away. And now my vulva started to become itchy and sore.I thought I had an UTI beacuse I also was seeing white things like dust on top of my urine and I've taken antibiotics for 10 days and it helped a little bit after I finished the treatment, although in the 4-7 days of the treatment my symptoms were awful but then everything got better but maybe also because I tried my best to go to the toilet when I had to go. I did a urine test and it's good there is no sign of an bacterial culture( I was surprised). I also want to mention that after those symptoms started I used to hold my urine in quite a lot and I also suffer from anxiety disorder and lifelong constipation. Does anyone know what this could be? I had a short period of time when those symptoms really started to fade away(after that treatment) but now it's back...(sorry if my english is not very good it's not my first language)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2016, 03:43 PM   #2
    Mommy47
    (female)

Mommy47 HB User
    Re: (19F) Pressure and heaviness in urethra/bladder

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HeyleyTes View Post
    Hello. I am a 19 year old female and I've been having strange feelings of pressure and heaviness in my bladder and urethra for almost 6 months now. When I try to pee I have a hard time "opening up" it feels like my urethral opening is very tight and I feel like the urine creates lots of pressure there until I release it. After I'm done I feel like I still have some feeling of pressure but it goes away. And now my vulva started to become itchy and sore.I thought I had an UTI beacuse I also was seeing white things like dust on top of my urine and I've taken antibiotics for 10 days and it helped a little bit after I finished the treatment, although in the 4-7 days of the treatment my symptoms were awful but then everything got better but maybe also because I tried my best to go to the toilet when I had to go. I did a urine test and it's good there is no sign of an bacterial culture( I was surprised). I also want to mention that after those symptoms started I used to hold my urine in quite a lot and I also suffer from anxiety disorder and lifelong constipation. Does anyone know what this could be? I had a short period of time when those symptoms really started to fade away(after that treatment) but now it's back...(sorry if my english is not very good it's not my first language)
    . Have you had an ultra sound? My Dr. Thought I had a ureter seal. It is similar to what you are describing. I have an appointment with my urologist in a couple weeks so I can't wait to find out what this is all about . It's very annoying, I know! I have that tight feeling too, and like a "tugging" and "poking" feeling when I bend over.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:46 PM   #3
    HeyleyTes

HeyleyTes HB User

I think this could be cystitis caused by holding in urine because that bruises the walls as I read somewhere. And it gets worse if I try to push it out. I will try to relax myself as much as possible to get all the pee out and maybe in time it will go away, because I think this is what I did when things started to get better.. but as I went back to hold it in I'm again in this situation. I think this is the problem... but still I will go to a doc when I can.

Old 07-08-2016, 01:09 PM   #4
    Mommy47
    (female)

Mommy47 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HeyleyTes View Post
    I think this could be cystitis caused by holding in urine because that bruises the walls as I read somewhere. And it gets worse if I try to push it out. I will try to relax myself as much as possible to get all the pee out and maybe in time it will go away, because I think this is what I did when things started to get better.. but as I went back to hold it in I'm again in this situation. I think this is the problem... but still I will go to a doc when I can.
    I'm going today to see my urologist. I'm worried though. It hurts and I feel even more pressure when I go in the pool. I have vaginal dryness since I'm going through menopause. Does it hurt when you sit down or bend over? Thank you for the info on bruising. I sure hope the urologist can help me. I'll keep
    You posted. And I'll
    Pray for us both. 🙏🏼

Closed Thread