It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• abdominal pain and frequent urination

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-05-2017, 05:24 PM   #1
    OrangeAugust
    (female)

OrangeAugust HB User
    abdominal pain and frequent urination

Hi everyone. Last night I started getting what felt like period cramps, except I didn't have my period. This was right before bed, but the feeling subsided as I went to sleep. When I woke up this morning I felt some lingering pain, but it wasn't too bad. It still felt exactly like period cramps, though- the pain low in my stomach and pain in that area between my vagina and anus (which happens often when I have period cramps). During the day I was fine, but then after lunch the pain came back pretty badly along with the feeling of constantly having to urinate. I would go to the bathroom but not much would come out. Now I just constantly feel like I need to go to the bathroom and I'm still having that stomach pain. Also my legs are kind of shaky. I don't know if this is a bladder infection or Interstitial Bladder Disease or what. I don't know if it's related, but starting in May I've had a couple of episodes of urine retention. I would feel like I had to pee but nothing would come out. Eventually when my bladder became more full I would be able to go. But each time this happened, I would experience it over a period of about 3 days. Thankfully I hadn't had to get catheterized at all. This is different, though, because I don't feel like I can't go- it's just that I have to go so often that there's not much left to come out each time.

But what does this sound like? Bladder infection? Or something more serious? How long should I wait before going to the doctor? I started getting symptoms less than 24 hours ago.
    TIA!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2017, 01:50 PM   #2
    OrangeAugust
    (female)

OrangeAugust HB User
    Re: abdominal pain and frequent urination

If anyone was wondering, during the day today I got a sudden and severe pain in my side. I went to the urgent care center and the doctor suspects that I'm passing kidney stones. it was the worst pain I've had in my life and now I'm on Oxycodone and Cephalexin.

Reply Reply

Tags
    abdominal pain, bladder infection, bladder pain, frequent urination, interstitial cystitis