It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• White discharge at the end of urination

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-19-2017, 06:35 PM   #1
    halo22
    (male)

halo22 HB User
    Post White discharge at the end of urination

Hello All,

Firstly thank you very much for providing all the information that you people provide. I am new to this forum and desperately looking for some suggestions regarding my problem.

My problem seems to come and go and this is happening to me for a while now.
    Sometimes I see a white/cloudy discharge at the end and sometimes in the middle of urination. When the white substance passes, I get this burning sensation in or around the rectal area(I assume anatomically this is prostate), I also get a little burning inside the penis, but this goes away fairly soon. The rectal/prostate burning stays for around 24hours and then goes off on its own. I am not really sure what triggers the white discharge. Other than the white discharge and the burning sensation, I don't really have any symptom. 2-3 times a week I masturbate, I haven't seen any blood or other abnormality in the semen.

I recently saw a Urologist for this problem who performed a digital rectal exam, ordered urine test and prescribed Cipro 500 for 10 days. The rectal exam and the urine analysis both were normal. His diagnosis is that I have Prostatitis.

I completed my Cipro course but the white discharge has come back, I saw it briefly when I was on Cipro too.

Has anyone had this problem? I have a second appointment but its not until 3 weeks. I am not really sure whats causing this, I even stopped drinking coffee to see if coffee has any association with this problem.

All your responses are much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2017, 04:36 PM   #2
    glgrgl
    (male)

glgrgl HB User
    Re: White discharge at the end of urination

When you say "discharge", it's it part of the urine stream, or is it discharge that is distinctly different in colour or texture from urine?

I have what I also believe is prostatitis. Sometimes when I urinate, it's almost like a whitish fluid is mixing with my urine as it comes out sometimes that I can visibly see swirling in the water. Not consistent though.

As far as I'm aware, this can be lots of things. In prostatatis it's usually a mixture of prostatic fluid and pus/white blood cells from the immune system response to the infection. You can also get something similar from dehydration where it's a build up of calcium that looks like a powdery sediment in the urine but it's hard to distinguish.

However, I've had exactly the pain as you describe in the same area and I too assumed it to be my prostate. I'd trust the Urologist if that's what he says. Treating it is a little more awkward though.

There is a board specifically for Prostatitis if you need any more information on it, depending on the cause it can be simple to get rid of, or more complicated.

Reply Reply

Tags
    infection, prostate