It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Could urinary urgency, other weird symptoms be related to penis injury?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-27-2017, 06:38 PM   #1
    mrmark
    (male)

mrmark HB User
    Unhappy Could urinary urgency, other weird symptoms be related to penis injury?

So about 2-3 years ago I injured my penis while wearing an ill-fitting chastity device at night. The injury was from half of the penis being compressed while the penis was erect. The front half of the penis was significantly compressed by the device while the back half was not compressed at all and so was able to fill with blood. This was extremely painful at the time, and lead to a long period of persistent pain and hyper-sensitive skin (which gradually improved, though never fully went away).

Then, more recently, new symptoms started to emerge. The main one was/is an intense feeling of urinary urgency that does not go away after urinating. The intensity of the feeling fluctuates. Sometimes it is accompanied by slight spasms/trembling in the penis, and a feeling that the penis wants to retract/that something in my pelvic area is clenching and cannot properly relax no matter what I do.

The feelings of urgency are worsened by anxiety, and because I have a fair amount of social anxiety, I have largely retreated from being social because of how bad it makes me feel. (The feeling that I might lose control and pee myself itself creates quite a bit of anxiety when I am in public, often forming a nasty feedback loop). The feeling is also triggered by sitting down. Standing is somewhat better. The best things for it are lying down or sitting on a chair.

I wonder if my problem might involve the pudendal nerve or if there might be some other connection.

I also have slight issues with urinary dribbling/incontinence, basically just that sometimes it’s hard to get all of the urine out of my when I pee and if I don't very carefully "milk" the penis and dry the tip with toilet paper I will sometimes end up leaking a drop or two on my clothes. I don't know if this is related, and its not really a pressing concern, but I thought I would mention it in case it is a clue to anything.

Do you think there could be any relationship between my injury and these urinary symptoms? If so, what might the relationship be? Is it possible that the way my penis healed affected the nerves so that they are sending faulty signals to urinate? Do you think the pudendal nerve could be involved (and how would it mostly likely be involved/what would be wrong with it)? Most importantly, what should I do now?

I have already seen and will continue to see doctors and urologists about this, but so far they haven't been much help in forming a diagnosis that explains all of my symptoms, nor have they been able to find a treatment plan that has helped. Any help with possible treatment ideas and/or tests to try would be deeply appreciated, as this is really messing with my quality of life.

Many thanks in advance!

Last edited by Administrator; 01-27-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    injury, penis, urination