It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Hi. I am needing to know if this is normal for my current UTI??

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-02-2017, 05:29 PM   #1
    Chellybean18
    (female)

Chellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB User
    Hi. I am needing to know if this is normal for my current UTI??

Ok so tuesday I awoke with a UTI...prob from having intercourse twice sunday and then drinking and eating sugars the next day...so i tried to get rid of the infection myself but couldnt so the following sunday I went to an Urgent care. Sure enough it was a UTI...a really bad one!! He gave me bactrim for 10 days...so today is thursday the fifth day of taking the med...just took the tenth pill. I still have a slight burn, but it has improved greatly from what it was. I have taken bactrim before for a uti and it felt almost all the way better after the second or third pill and I always make sure to finish the course completely....is it ok that i still have slight uti symptoms even after the 10th pill?? Like I said nothing is getting worse but many are saying you should feel all the way better after like the third or 4th day but its now the 5th day. Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2017, 06:39 PM   #2
    Thislilpigg33
    (female)

Thislilpigg33 HB UserThislilpigg33 HB User
    Re: Hi. I am needing to know if this is normal for my current UTI??

Hello, sorry to hear about your uti. It is possible since you said that it was a bad infection that you may need either 1) finish your meds completely, before you feel better 2) you need another round of antibiotics or 3) stronger antibiotics. Also a word of caution, antibiotics take care of infections but sometimes in women can cause yeast infection, so in case you find yourself having such symptoms you will know why :/ Hope uti clears up soon

Old 11-02-2017, 07:11 PM   #3
    Chellybean18
    (female)

Chellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB User
    Re: Hi. I am needing to know if this is normal for my current UTI??

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thislilpigg33 View Post
    Hello, sorry to hear about your uti. It is possible since you said that it was a bad infection that you may need either 1) finish your meds completely, before you feel better 2) you need another round of antibiotics or 3) stronger antibiotics. Also a word of caution, antibiotics take care of infections but sometimes in women can cause yeast infection, so in case you find yourself having such symptoms you will know why :/ Hope uti clears up soon
    Thanks so much! I'm just gonna wait til I'm done with the meds I guess before doing anything else. I hope it clears up soon too lol

Reply Reply

Tags
    antibiotic resistant infection, bactrim, urinary tract infection