It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• 2nd uti in less than 6 months

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-26-2018, 11:49 AM   #1
    Thislilpigg33
    (female)

Thislilpigg33 HB UserThislilpigg33 HB User
    2nd uti in less than 6 months

this last one is pretty bad lots of blood in urine and passed some blood clots, any one experience this? im taking antibiotics

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-26-2018, 11:56 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: 2nd uti in less than 6 months

Hi. I am assuming you had this verified by a doctor....

UTIs come from bacteria. Make sure you are wiping from front to back, never back to front...that you are urinating before and after sex if you are having sex- and that you are not using scented products for hygiene. Stay away from douches and scented wipes. Plain old soap and water is all that you need to use...its a self cleaning mechanism our private parts!

You might also want to have your partner checked out if you have one. UTIs can be passed from one partner to another so assuming you are having sex, if your partner isnt being treated you could be passing it back and forth.

What did your doctor say?

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
    Thislilpigg33 (11-27-2018)
    Old 11-26-2018, 02:17 PM   #3
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User

Hi Thislilpigg33.

I have dealt with UTIs all my life and have never passed blood clots. Are you on your period? It is possible to have a UTI and also be on your period. Was your urine sample sent out to be cultured? A urine culture will tell your Dr. what bacteria and the antibiotics best suited to clear the bacteria up. Be sure to have your urine re-checked a few days after finishing the antibiotic to make sure

It's not uncommon to have frequent UTIs. There are some precautions you can take to possibly minimize UTIs.

(1) Wipe front to back, never back to front
    (2) Make sure your partner washes their hands before having sex. UTIs are not sexually transmitted and you cannot pass UTIs back and forth. Clean hands means no bacteria is introduced were it is not wanted.
    (3) Urinate before and after having sex.
    (4) Stay hydrated. Water, water, water.
    (5)When you need to urinate do not hold it. The more/longer you "wait" to go the more you increase the chance of a UTI.
    (6) Cranberry supplements can help decrease or minimize UTIs

The Following User Says Thank You to Snoopy61 For This Useful Post:
    Thislilpigg33 (11-27-2018)
    Old 11-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #4
    Thislilpigg33
    (female)

Thanks to both who replied. yes it was confirmed by dr that it was uti, but today i saw my primary and while my bladder is still hurting there is no more bacteria in urine since i started antibiotics few days ago, he prescribed more antibiotics because i have a slight fever, will recheck urine in a couple days. he sususpects i passed a kidney stone, my last uti a few days later i passed a kidney stone. but i guess this time it happened at same time:/ dr also prescribed a med to keep stones from forming or dissolving them, something like that

The following user gives a hug of support to Thislilpigg33:
    Snoopy61 (11-27-2018)
    Old 11-27-2018, 06:02 AM   #5
    Snoopy61
    Inactive
    (female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User

I am sorry you have/had kidney stones. This would be the reason you were passing blood. There are medications to help dissolve kidney stones, hope you are feeling better soon

Old 11-27-2018, 11:21 AM   #6
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Have you had the bacteria cultured for specifics....for treatment?

Have you had a bladder scope (cystoscopy)...if not, push for one. My concern would be interstitial cystitis.

You could try d.mannos, cranberry capsules, or other additions that help prevent the bacteria from sticking to the bladder wall. Another helpful thing would be good probiotics for balancing intestinal flora.

q

Old 11-27-2018, 05:27 PM   #7
    Thislilpigg33
    (female)

hello, ive had a cystoscopy in the past. As of now no more bacteria. i was in another state when diagnosed with uti, and came back to my state and was already doing a lil better when i saw my primary. we pretty sure i passed a stone. i have passed some in the past but this time never felt pain in kidneys only in bladder plus lots of blood and clots.

Old 06-12-2019, 05:45 PM   #8
    Hacamila
    (female)

Hacamila HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Thislilpigg33 View Post
    Thanks to both who replied. yes it was confirmed by dr that it was uti, but today i saw my primary and while my bladder is still hurting there is no more bacteria in urine since i started antibiotics few days ago, he prescribed more antibiotics because i have a slight fever, will recheck urine

in a couple days. he sususpects i passed a kidney stone, my last uti a few days later i passed a kidney stone. but i guess this time it happened at same time:/ dr also prescribed a med to keep stones from forming or dissolving them, something like that
    What did your dr prescribe to dissolve the stones? I have one small stone on the left side but my dr has never mentioned giving me anything to dissolve it. I have frequent UTIís and I feel sure they are caused by my kidney stone.

Reply Reply

« Epididimus | - »