It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Pressure Feeling In Urethra -scared

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-13-2001, 09:56 PM   #1
    terri48

terri48 HB User
    Post Pressure Feeling In Urethra -scared

I had blood in my urine 4 months ago, and went to a urologist (I'm female). They found nothing but a cat scan showed a harmless tumor on my kidney that accounts for it. The urologist did a cystoscopy and I had no pain afterwards other than the first day. However, in the past 6 weeks, on and off, I feel a strange senstaion in what seems to be my urethra, like I have to urinate when I don't really. There is no bladder infection no cystitis. I have had it tested and have the same sticks at home. I have had UTI and this isn't the same feeling, it's not in my bladder, just in the urethra area. Now I am scared that when the cystoscopy was done, he damaged it. But wouldn't I have had this feeling for the 2 months after? Also how could they find out? I will go through another cystoscopy and risk damage! I know that the risks are very small after a cystoscopy, so maybe I am panicking for nothing. Does anyone have an idea what I am feeling? Has this happened to anyone, male or female? I would greatly appreciate any replies as I just don't know what to do. The feeling isn't constant, but gets worse at night and just twinges here and there, not pain, just a pressure, just an awareness of a sensation almost as if I have to urinate, but nothing I ever had before prior to the cystoscopy. I don't even know if he used a rigid or flexible tube. Would they have used a rigid tube (I was awake, just in the office and went to a reputable urologist in NYC so I imagine he used the safest method).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2001, 08:15 AM   #2
    Blingy

Blingy HB User
    Wink

Hi, if you're awake during a cystoscopy they don't usually use the rigid one, because it would be too painful. I just had a cystoscopy on the 11th, as well as a urethral stretching. You said you have the same sticks that the doctors use for infection....but if they only do the dipstick test alot of times it's not accurate. You should find out if the did an actual culture on it. I've had problems with my urethra my whole life and no one knows what's wrong...do you go to a urologist or primary doctor? Have you talked to them about this feeling yet? I would ask them about it. Hope that helps you. Sara

Closed Thread