It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

Help Help Help For Elderly Mother!!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2003, 09:26 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Thomp Sta, TN USA
Posts: 11
AK HB User
Exclamation Help Help Help For Elderly Mother!!!

I have a 74 year old mother who has a fallen bladder (cystocele). The bladder is actually bulging from her vaginal canal and looks like a balloon. She was told by regular doctor that she needs to see a surgeon and they have given her a referral for 11 days away!!! Isn't this an emergency, when an organ like the bladder is protruding on outside of body? I would think she would need to see someone before 11 days from now and not go around with her bladder hanging out like this. Can anyone help me with this or tell me what she should do?

Sponsors Lightbulb
Old 04-04-2003, 08:49 PM   #2
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 34
myname HB User

I'm sure she's seen a doctor by now, but if I were you I would have gone to the emergency room. I hope she's feeling better.

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:37 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
© 1998-2018 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!