It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Anyone Have a Problem with the Sparc Sling?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-20-2004, 05:04 PM   #1
    azmomof2boys

azmomof2boys HB User
    Anyone Have a Problem with the Sparc Sling?

I just posted my story under the "selt cathing questions" topic, should be near this one LOL. I'm just curious if I'm the only one who has had this problem? I am now classified as a hypotonic bladder. Just lovely for a 25 yo mother of 2 to be dealing with. *sigh* Anyway just wondering, I'd love to hear your stories. Its so hard for anyone else to understand what I am going through. They just don't get it. My mom was the best..Well just sit down and pee
    Steph

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2004, 10:22 PM   #2
    Fairyboots

Fairyboots HB User
    Re: Anyone Have a Problem with the Sparc Sling?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by azmomof2boys
    I just posted my story under the "selt cathing questions" topic, should be near this one LOL. I'm just curious if I'm the only one who has had this problem? I am now classified as a hypotonic bladder. Just lovely for a 25 yo mother of 2 to be dealing with. *sigh* Anyway just wondering, I'd love to hear your stories. Its so hard for anyone else to understand what I am going through. They just don't get it. My mom was the best..Well just sit down and pee
    Steph

HI Steph
    My Name is Roxanna (39) Married Mother of 5 with a Granddaughter and ....
    I had a sling put in September 26, 2002 and after 3 months the left side of my sling broke and my Bladder fell once again- only this time I was in more pain more than I was before my Surgery- Had a Hysterectomy /Overie removal / tumor removed /Sling etc etc.
    I was seeing the Dr every 3 months and finally about a year later I was told by the DR that my Bladder WAS Pulled UP Too High after all and that is why My Bladder Fell again so he recomended Surgery - so 17 months later I had an ANTERIOR REPAIR done Febuary 19th this year.
    It's hard to explain so if you want to and your sling does not work out for you look it up on the Net.
    I felt after 3 months of Cathing and 14 months of STANDING over the Toilet because I could not pee sitting down ~ I was ready for surgery and I am better now than I was after the first surgery although I do have a lil leakage problem it's nothing like it was before my Hyster/Sling first surgery.
    I would love to hear how your doing
    Roxanna

Old 07-14-2004, 06:35 AM   #3
    Barb'sSis

Barb'sSis HB User

I am 47 mother of 2 and had a sling put in 3 months ago. 24 hours in hospital, no pain and the best thing I ever did.

Old 07-14-2004, 11:25 AM   #4
    marlaquack

marlaquack HB User

Last year July 2003 I had total pelvic floor reconstruction, hysterectomy, anterior and posterier repairs cystocelle, rectocelle, entrocelle, skin grafts and TVT. The TVT is a sub urethral sling. I have had bladder problems since, many UTI's, urge incontinance, voiding dysfunction, pain. In october I had Bladder outlet obsturction surgery they rearranged some skin grafts at the bladder neck and stretched the urethura but he said the sling looked good so he did not cut it at that time. Two weeks ago I had bladder outlet obsturction surgery again this time he cut and out lots of scar tissue and reranged skin grafts on the sides of my bladder and cut the TVT. This is the first time in a year I am not in pain. I am still having trouble voiding and need to use the cathitor occasionally. My problem was the scar tissue on the sides of my bladder, a weird problem to have but finally things are looking better for me.

Marla

Old 10-30-2007, 11:40 AM   #5
    Clynn777
    (female)

Clynn777 HB User

Yes I had one done in July '07 along with a hysterectomy (complete). I have been on HRT for ten years as I menopaused 10 years ago. I now experience constant pelvic floor and groin pressure (and pain). My clitoris has withered and almost disappeared and I can no longer climax! And I can only hold small amounts of urine before needing to void. I would NEVER tell anyone to consider having this proceedure. I want to know if it can be removed without damage? Will insurance cover this? Beware of bad OB Doc advice; it is only necessary in severe incontenience cases! I did not fall into that catagory and wish I had not been so trusting and ignorant. HELP

Last edited by Clynn777; 10-30-2007 at 11:45 AM.

Closed Thread