It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Quercetin and Chondroitin Sulfate for IC

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-16-2005, 12:39 PM   #1
    ebp123
    (female)

ebp123 HB User
    Quercetin and Chondroitin Sulfate for IC

Has anyone tried taking Quercetin for IC? It's a natural anti-inflammatory that's prescribed for other inflammatory-type illnesses like arthritis and Crohn's disease.

My other question is about Chondroitin Sulfate. It's a substance in the GAG layer of the bladder lining that helps regulate the passing of toxins.

So, anybody tried either of these or any other herbals for IC?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2005, 06:23 AM   #2
    ebp123
    (female)

ebp123 HB User
    Re: Quercetin and Chondroitin Sulfate for IC

Well, I've had no responses, so I don't know if anyone has tried these herbals. I will report that I've been taking Quercetin for 3 weeks and my IC symptoms are greatly reduced. I'm even able to drink a little coffee each morning.

Old 07-26-2005, 07:23 PM   #3
    debbiep
    (female)

debbiep HB User
    Re: Quercetin and Chondroitin Sulfate for IC

Hi there ebp123, Im interested in your post on taking Quercetin as a natural anti histamine..mmm...its made me do a research as I havent heard of Quercetin before. Im very interested in what I found and read. Can I ask you if you are male or female!!! I see its good for the prostate etc...I ,as a female have IC symptoms mainly just frequency and I have read before how anti histamines may help but I can not take the drug ones as they make me jittery and anxious...I also have sinus trouble that seem to start around the time of my ic . I see you feel a little difference in symptoms since taking the tablets remember to give it time for them to build up and work. Nothing every cures over night.....Goodluck and thanks for the idea.....!!! debbiep

Closed Thread