It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• urge to urinate frequently

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-19-2005, 02:45 PM   #1
    spiderfan
    (male)

spiderfan HB User
    urge to urinate frequently

Any help would be appreciated. I am a 35 yo male. last year i started having frequent needs to urinate. this felling is more in my penis than in my bladder. Guys, it's the feeling you get if you have to stop urinating suddenly, or waited too long to go, if you know what i mean. after a couple of weeks i went to the Dr. then to a urologist. Dr. blood test negative (altough i don't know exactly what they checked for) the urologist checked me out. prostate exam and urine sample. no diagnosis. he suggested i wait it out 5 to 6 weeks and that it could be a stricture. within a month or so it went away. since i had changed jobs for the first time in 12 years i chalked it up to stress. almost exaclty one year later, here come the same symptoms. i went to the dr. because of a sinus infection, and told her that the other symptoms were back. her response was that, since it doesn't wake me up at night it's probably not organic. also if it was a UTI the amox. would take care of it anyway. this is really irritating and effecting my demeanor. any thoughts or suggestions? once in a while i'll have a day or two with no symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2005, 02:24 AM   #2
    rollingstone
    (male)

rollingstone HB User
    Re: urge to urinate frequently

Can you go back to the urologist?

Old 10-28-2005, 09:07 PM   #3
    Rockin_ronnie
    (male)

Rockin_ronnie HB User

This same thing has been happening to me for a few months, last night I didn't sleep at all, and I'm worried I may not again tonight!!!

PLEASE HELP!!! This is the worst thing that has happened in my 16 years on this Earth and it has to end...It seems to really falir up after masturbation!!!!

Old 10-31-2005, 12:06 PM   #4
    Jordy199

Jordy199 HB User

I have pretty much the same symptoms too, I'm 17, Have fequent urination feelings, with little urine coming out each time, post dribbling, weak flow.. Also started having back pain on both sides 2 days after the Urine stuff started happning... I got a urine test and everything came out negative... So I dont know what to think... Can anyone give me some advice please... Before I worry myself to death.

Old 10-31-2005, 02:53 PM   #5
    dtman

dtman HB User

Sounds like the same thing I have been living with lately. I am going to a Urologist this Friday for a cystoscopy to determine if a stricture I had two years ago has returned. At that time I had a cystoscopy and am not looking forward to another one based on that experience. After jamming a long tube with a camera at the end and poking around my bladder, the Dr spotted the stricture which he broke open with what looked like a small crowbar. The best way I can describe how I felt for a week afterward was that it seemed I was urinating shattered glass. Hopefully you won't have to experience that but if a stricture is suspected I don't know if there is a less invasive method of checking. Good Luck!

Old 01-03-2006, 03:00 AM   #6
    jasminetea
    (female)

jasminetea HB User

are you sexually active? could it be a mycoplasma infection? mycoplasma infections don't show up on routine tests because the bacteria has no cell wall (that's why they also don't respond to the majority of antibiotics because most antibiotics work at destroying the bacteria cell wall.) these infections can cause symptoms such as urgency, urinary frequency, fatigue.

maybe it's an idea to get checked for mycoplasma infections.

good luck xx

Old 01-12-2006, 08:19 AM   #7
    AlienB
    (male)

AlienB HB User

All,
    I'm having the same problem concerning urinating frequently. I'm not having the pain in the penis but I feel pressure in my bladder. I can't seem to determine if I have a bladder thing or a prostate problem. It is driving me mad and I just don't know what to try. My regular Dr. suggested going to a urologist but my friends tell me the "milking" thing is painful and doesn't help much. I have a fissure also so the exam doesn't sound to pleasant. Let me if anyone else has experienced the problem and if the urologist helped. There is all kinds of stuff on the net for prostate enlargement, anyone had experience??

Old 01-12-2006, 09:48 AM   #8
    noname5214
    (male)

noname5214 HB User

Recently I've had the urge to urinate frequently and it seems like it does seem to occur after I've masturbated but I attribute a lot of this to stress. And I think I know the feeling you're talking about... it almost feels like it's slightly irritated. For me it's not necessarily the urge to urinate but this feeling in my urethra. The same thing happened to me last year when I was really stressed out. I went to my doctor (not a urologist) and he said the body is capable of doing some very strange things when under stress.

Since I'm 17 and I don't suspect a swollen prostated or prostatitis (and even if I did I would assume it wouldn't be a full blown case because of my age) I have been taking Saw Palmetto daily just in case to see if it helps at all. It also wouldn't hurt to take Cranberry pills or drink Cranberry juice in case of an infection.

Old 01-20-2006, 05:57 AM   #9
    Mikej345
    (male)

Mikej345 HB User

I have slightly the same problem, although my syptoms only flair up when theres the possibilty of sexual activity.

Closed Thread