It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Sting sensation when urinating?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-08-2005, 10:30 AM   #1
    flyway
    (male)

flyway HB User
    Sting sensation when urinating?

Hello guys. I am 14 and male, I have had this problem for just over a year now. Most of the times when I urinate, when I start i feel some stinging sensation as if something is trying to block me from urinating. This can also get very annoying sometimes. the sting isn't severly painful but it can be sometimes painful and annoying. I have no other problem, theres no blood in my urine or anything.

Is this something to be serious about?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2005, 11:38 PM   #2
    flyway
    (male)

flyway HB User
    Re: Sting sensation when urinating?

Can someone like help me or something?

Old 11-09-2005, 10:13 AM   #3
    flyway
    (male)

flyway HB User

Wow, how helpful is this board....

Old 11-09-2005, 03:25 PM   #4
    danimal15
    Inactive
    (male)

danimal15 HB User

I'd recommend having your urine checked for a UTI, or urinary tract infection. It's not too likely, but at least it can then be written off as a possible cause.

If the problem continues, you may need a cytoscopy, in which the physician slides a tube up your urethra to have a look inside the bladder. It only takes a few minutes - and it isn't particularly comfortable, but it's not the end of the world, either. I'm speaking from experience.

From the sound of your symptoms, it's possible you have a minor kidney stone that's trying to pass. In any case, your doctor can tell you a lot more than I can.

Good luck.

Old 11-10-2005, 09:50 AM   #5
    flyway
    (male)

flyway HB User

Thanks for the help. I might try the doctor, but I am too ashamed to mention this to my parents. I would really hate it if a tube had to go up my uethra! And this kidney stone thing is getting quite scary. Although I might just be having a UTI or something.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:10 AM   #6
    danimal15
    Inactive
    (male)

danimal15 HB User

I didn't mean to scare you by mentioning kidney stones - I could be way off - I'm no doctor. And even if it turned out to be a stone, it wouldn't necessarily mean anything too serious. They sometimes pass quite easily. Drink a lot of water to keep things flowing, and you might see an improvement.

Also, don't be ashamed to tell your parents. Every man eventually has to deal with issues "down there" - I know in my family that my dad, my brother, myself and my father-in-law have all had urological problems. Nothing major, luckily, but enough to make me realize it's just part of being a male. I'm sure your mom, and especially your dad, will understand.

Last edited by danimal15; 11-10-2005 at 11:11 AM.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:22 AM   #7
    flyway
    (male)

flyway HB User

Thanks a lot for the advice.

Old 11-10-2005, 11:39 AM   #8
    dtman

dtman HB User

I had a cystoscopy in 2003 and for almost a week it felt like I was urinating shattered glass. I had to take another one last week with a different Urologist and it was nothing. Very minor discomfort that didn't last beyond the second void. It appears that the first doctor used old equipment (large diameter scope) and was very rough. My advice is to ask the Urologist what type of scope he is going to use. If it is flexible, no problem but if it is rigid metal, find another doc. Good luck.

Old 11-10-2005, 12:29 PM   #9
    danimal15
    Inactive
    (male)

danimal15 HB User

I had one in 2001 and only felt a stinging sensation the first few times after the procedure. I was fine by the next day.

Last edited by danimal15; 11-10-2005 at 12:29 PM.

Old 11-21-2005, 03:37 PM   #10
    jimmy57
    (male)

jimmy57 HB User

Captainmk, dont panic bro, im 19 and while i was going through my early teens i would get this burning feeling as well, not always when i pee, but it was there. I went to my urologist and he said that many males hitting puberty experience this type of thing, its when your bladder grows quicker than usual and essentially it gets inflamed in a way, nothing serious though. Well like i said im 19 now and it doesnt happen anymore. by the way, does it happen every time you pee?

Old 12-10-2005, 04:17 AM   #11
    flyway
    (male)

flyway HB User

Hey, I am so sorry for the very late post, I hope you are still reading this. Thanks for the info, now I feel much better, you have helped me a lot, I will wait until a few years for this to go away. It happens most of the time but not neccessarily all the time.

Closed Thread