It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Constant urge to urinate

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-08-2005, 01:39 PM   #1
    lm13
    (male)

lm13 HB User
    Constant urge to urinate

I'm a 17 old male and my problem started about 2 weeks ago. I began to feel like i needed to go to the toilet more often, this did not seem like much of a problem and after i had been i felt relieved for a while (soon became about 1 hour). However last week the feeling became more constant and by the beginning of this week I felt the urge to urinate all the time (it's like a tickling that doesnt go away). I went to see my doctor and he tested a urine sample and the dip stick said it was clean, he prescribed me Cipro anyway. I've been taking it since and symptoms sometimes feel better (in the morning) and sometimes feel worse (afternoon/evening). I am going to the toilet every hour or two and the urge never seems to fully go away. Is it mostly in my head and should i give the anti biotics more time to work? (ive been on about 2 days). I just cant help getting worried its something bad.

Thanks

*also i get no pain when i urinate, i did have mild fever and aching during the second week of my problem but thats clearing up now*

Last edited by lm13; 12-08-2005 at 01:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2005, 03:11 PM   #2
    tommy124
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
    Re: Constant urge to urinate

It sounds like a prostate infection, which can happen at any age. It is not in your head. I was on cipro, and it cleared it up. This is tricky. I was on another antibiotic, for 10 days. It appeared to clear up, but came back. I just suffered with it. That is the wrong thing to do. If it goes on too long, it becomes chronic prostatitis, and the antibiotics don't help. I think you are taking the right course. You just have to give the cipro a little time. If it doesn't clear up, get back to the doctor, quick.
    Good luck with it.

Old 12-08-2005, 03:30 PM   #3
    lm13
    (male)

lm13 HB User

Thanks for the advice, how long did you have to take Cipro for before the symptoms seem to subside? I only have a weeks worth so i will have to talk to my GP if the symptoms persist or ease up (as i will probably need more anti bios to clear it up fully).

Thanks again

Old 12-08-2005, 04:06 PM   #4
    mad jamison
    (male)

mad jamison HB User

Frequent urination by itself doesn't mean you have an infection. Prostatitis would have cleared up with the Cipro. You may be having bladder spasms in which case Detrol or Ditropan could help.

Old 12-10-2005, 12:34 PM   #5
    lm13
    (male)

lm13 HB User

I've been on the Cipro for about 4 days now and symptoms seem to be disappearing, still present but not as bad. The constant urge is now mild and although sometimes i have to urinate often, other times I don't. I'm still going for another appointment with my doctor.

I hope it clears up in the next few days .

Closed Thread