It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Large Vein/Right Side Scrotum

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2006, 02:32 PM   #1
    Ignatiusmonk
    (male)

Ignatiusmonk HB User
    Large Vein/Right Side Scrotum

I'm a 30 year old male with no significant past medical history. I'm presently not on any medications.

I have recently noticed a large vein running down the right side of my scrotum and it appears to run right along my right testicle. It is only noticable when sack is relaxed but when it is, it's very noticable and puffy for lack of a better word. With this vein their seems to be an increased presense of more visbile veins all the sudden in my penis, especially the dorsal vein.

I have had no significant pain or swelling. A slight burning sensation on urniation but not enough to cause real panic. The site of all the noticable veins is what has me in a panic now!

Any thoughts?
    Thanks everyone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2006, 05:47 AM   #2
    Ignatiusmonk
    (male)

Ignatiusmonk HB User
    Re: Large Vein/Right Side Scrotum

I just wanted to post a follow up to my situation in the hope that it might provide some information for others going through similitar situations.

After multiple lab draws, an examination by a Urologist, and a pelvic and ab CT, I'm totally fine. I haven't had an increase in vein visibility since my last post, function is fine, and I'm pain free.

I agree totally with what many post in these internet forums say when it comes to getting data and doing research. It really does help to be an informed patient. That being said, to often on internet boards folks post a lot of doom and gloom scenarios that can send already worried researchers into full on panic. That's really unfortunate because while the internet is a great medium for gathering facts and sharing experiences it's not a medical diagnostic tool.

So al that being said, guys out there, if you are seeing something different with veins in your penis, scrotum, or whatever, don't panic! We're all sensative about what's going on with our stuff but please don't get crazy to quickly. I know I did and I wish I wouldn't have. Do your research yes and absolutely go get checked out ASAP to put your mind at ease and if their is a problem get treated. Just remember though, for all the posts on all the Urology, Mens Health, ect.. boards out there that we read where everyone is convinced something lethal is wrong, their are experiences where the symptoms are nothing at all. I was absolutely convinced the large right sided vien in my scrotum and penis was the end of the world. Cancer, rogue vericocele, or whatever else could be wrong and it turns out that absolutely nothing was wrong at all.

So please read these posts and boards with a grain of salt. While the lists of possible symptoms or causes is always long, the reality of the situation may be very simple. Research and get checked and try not to panic. Easier said than done I know, but looking back at the way I handled it, I wish I would not have jumped on the panic train so soon as I made myself and those around absolutely miserable in the process because I was convinced my days were numbered.

Good luck to everyone!

Closed Thread