It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• frequent urination :(

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-18-2006, 03:12 AM   #1
    kekelah
    (male)

kekelah HB User
    frequent urination :(

hi, i made a thread before but when i had come back to see if there had been any replies, i couldn't find it? did a search and couldn't seem to find it either so meh, here i go again

so i've been suffering from frequent urination since january this year, it all started when i had gotten balantitis quite a few times (my girlfriends immune system was supressed at the time, so blah blah: did 2 seperate tests for chlymidia and nothing came up) anyway: from then on i've been suffering from frequent urination - i have the urge every day all the time, urinating gives me 10-20 minutes of relief but that's all, i've been having pain after urinating for much of the time but it has ceased recently aftering using ditropan

i've had 3 or 4 different urine tests which have came back negative, i've had a urination retention test (ultrasound), a ct scan (which showed a slightly thick bladder wall), and a cystoscopy whihc came back normal according to my urologist

i've been on ditropan for a few weeks and i've seen no improvement

doctors have told me that it might be linked to anxiety (i suffer from mild anxietry/ocd) and i've started to see a psyc however, i don't see how this can all be linked to anxiety as this has been pretty consistant since january, it's been non stop

so i was wondering if anyone else could help shed some light on my problem, i apologise if i jump from one subject to the other or if i'm all over the place - there's just too much for me to try and sort out

anyway, thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2006, 09:05 AM   #2
    looie
    (female)

looie HB User
    Unhappy Re: frequent urination :(

Hello Kekelah

I suffer from exatly the same problem! I can totally sympathise with you on this subject.
    I am a health 20 year old female, i take no medication, excecise regular, eat healthy and recently (around the last 3-4 months in particular) i have noticed a constant need to urinate. I sometimes think maybe its like an OCD problem with myself but everytime i feel the need to go to the toilet i always pass urine and no just a tiny bit, its always a normal amount Is this the same with yourself? its such an annoying problem and everytime i go out i have to make sure there is a toilet available as i am needing to go every 15mins or so. it is a total nightmare! I have explained this problem to family members and it makes you fell like such an idiot to have such a habit of having to keep going to the toilet. I am attending my doctors any day now to report the problem to him as i have not yet been, i was hoping the problem would go away on its own!

This email is probably not much use to you, but hopefully you wont feel so alone.

Take care.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:00 PM   #3
    kekelah
    (male)

kekelah HB User
    Re: frequent urination :(

yep! that's it! i always pass a "standard" amount of urine, but i think that might be because i just hold it in for a certain amount of time, oh well who knows... and yeah having to explain it to people is so horrible as well! everyday i just wake up hoping that somehow it's going to go away but no dice

anyone else have a familar story/advice?

Old 09-30-2006, 11:17 PM   #4
    lucky427
    (male)

lucky427 HB User

I've been skimming this topic for a little bit and it seems like all of the posters with this problem dont have your uros that are doing all of their reading. While your problem could of course be a few things (and it seems like youve diligently had all the test to rule out all the bad ones) it sounds like you might have chronic pelvic pain syndrome - a muscular condition. Its fixable but requires some physical therapy. Check out a book called "A headache in the Pelvis" by Dr. Anderson.

Let me know if you have any questions

Old 10-04-2006, 02:08 PM   #5
    danimal15
    Inactive
    (male)

danimal15 HB User

I had the same problem 5 years ago, and my urologist (after many tests) finally diagnosed me with a bladder neck problem. The bladder neck had narrowed, not allowing enough urine to get out each time I went. I've been on several drugs for the problem, but the most effective have been Flomax and Uroxatrel. Both have allowed me to feel like myself again. The test I was diagnosed with was called urodynamics. Make an appointment with your urologist and ask about it. Maybe you have something completely different, but it's worth ruling out, anyway.

Old 10-04-2006, 02:09 PM   #6
    danimal15
    Inactive
    (male)

danimal15 HB User

Also - if you haven't already, cut caffeine out of your diet. It exacerbates any kind of bladder situation you might have.

Closed Thread