It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• urinary retention

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-04-2006, 04:53 PM   #1
    ~:~blythe~:~
    (female)

~:~blythe~:~ HB User
    urinary retention

i finally plucked up the courage to go see my doc about my toilet problems.

i have had problems for months now, mainly still feeling like my bladder is full after urinating, and frequent urination. no pain or discomfort.

its got to the point now where it is just ridiculous the amount of time i spend trying to empty my bladder fully or needing the loo all the time, i had to do something about it.

anyway, i had to give a urine sample, i am ringing for the results next thursday. the doc said that if they come back clear then i will have to go to hospital and have some tests done.

im not looking forward to the results, and the thought of being prodded and poked doesnt really fill me with joy!

so any ideas what i could have wrong with me? what kind of tests do they do? any advice would be appreciated. thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-11-2006, 05:30 PM   #2
    christinev
    (female)

christinev HB User
    Re: urinary retention

I get urinary retention once in awhile and I think it's related to waiting too long to try and empty bladder. My md said the bladder muscle takes longer to squeeze out urine after it's been stretched too long. So...just thought I'd mention it in case this plays a part in your problem. It's all very frustrating, I know.

Old 11-22-2006, 12:35 PM   #3
    (female)

well this is an everyday occurance, and its been going on for months.

its usually worse in the evening before i go to bed, it takes forever to feel empty, even then i still feel like i could go more!

i got the results of the urine tests, and they were negative, no infections found, so i have an appointment on monday to discuss what happens next regarding hospital etc.

im glad i havent got an infection, but at the same time i wish i had cos it could be treated pretty easily with anti-biotics. now im left not knowing what is going on with my body.

im just so frustrated, sometimes it gets to the point of me just sitting on the loo crying cos i just cant empty fully!

Old 11-22-2006, 12:49 PM   #4
    Megn80
    (female)

Megn80 HB User

I'm going through the same thing as you are, so I feel your pain. I've taken antibiotics for 3 months now trying to clear a "infection". I've seemed to get better over the past week, don't know what I did differently to change it. It does suck, and it disrupts your life. I wish you luck at the doctor and defenitly let me know how you made out, in case i'm going to need future tests.

Good Luck!

Meg

Old 11-24-2006, 12:02 PM   #5
    (female)

im getting really desperate now, its getting to the point where i just want to punch something or someone, im so frustrated!!!

i dread going to the toilet now, cos i know i will be sat there forever and not get anywhere. i hate this!

my doctors appointment couldnt come sooner! i just want to get this sorted out, its driving me mad, literally.

im worn out tonight, ive spent the whole evening feeling miserable, crying and annoyed.

what the hell is wrong with me???

Closed Thread