It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Cloudy Urine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-24-2007, 05:37 PM   #1
    mandarie68
    (female)

mandarie68 HB User
    Cloudy Urine

I m 21 years old and I got my first UTI about five weeks ago. The only symptom I noticed at the time was frequent urination. After a course of Cipro the frequency didn't go away so I was put on another anti-biotic. Since then my frequency is still out of whack and I have noticed that my urine is cloudy. Sometimes I see little white particles (which I read in another thread is normal). Other times, if I watch little drops go in the toilet that drop like a puff of smoke. I went to the Urologist on Friday and he said my urine was "crystal clear" and gave me Vesicare to help with the frequency. He did a culture just in case which I am desperately awaiting the results. Today I noticed my urine was cloudier than before. He said cloudiness can be due to diet but I am seriously only drinking water and some juice. I am so confused! Has anyone else ever had cloudiness withouth an infection?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2007, 01:59 PM   #2
    cali_student
    (female)

cali_student HB User
    Re: Cloudy Urine

I actually have a urine problem too (sweet smelling, but apparently not diabetes), so I'm going to test my urine myself with urine test strips that you can order online. My strips test for glucose and protein. You may want to order some strips yourself, because I went for a urine test also, and don't trust my HMO Kaiser Permanente doctor any furthur than I can throw her due to 2 previous cases where those doctors screwed up regarding my health.
    I've read that cloudy urine can possibly be a sign of protein in the urine. So that may be a starting point. Maybe it's calcium or some other mineral. Look for some test strips that check for protein and minerals.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:46 PM   #3
    mandarie68
    (female)

mandarie68 HB User
    Re: Cloudy Urine

Thanks for the reply. I hope that you figure out your urine problem soon. I got the results of the urine culture back today and it was negative. I read that cloudy urine can be from vaginal secretions. Since the only cloudiness I noticed was near the end of the stream, maybe it was getting mixed in with discharge. I am going to try to position myself during urinating in order to keep the urine steam from going near my vagina and see if I get any cloudiness. I wish I could stop paying so much attention to my urine!

Closed Thread