It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• mrsa

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #1
    tennwoman55
    (female)

tennwoman55 HB User
    mrsa

i keep having urinary tract infections i have had it 3 times in the past 6 months do u think the mrsa may be in my bladder.

linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
    tina8262
    (female)

tina8262 HB User
    Re: mrsa

Just wanted to let you know, I get re-accurent UTI's and one time my Dr. put me on an antibiotic of macrodantin (is made just for the kidneys) for 3 months straight and I didn't get an infection for 2 yrs. I went to a urologist though. I am going back again in a week because the UTI's have returned again. I am a nurse and if you had mrsa in your bladder or kidneys you would have a lot more symptoms than just UTI symptoms. And MRSA is an antibiotic resistant staph aureus bacteria. Your UTI's would not clear up with antibiotics if you had MRSA. The dr. said that I had bacteria that was just not clearing up completely and the low dose of macrodantin is what I needed for 3 months. And it worked like I said 2 yrs. Hope that helps. Look up MRSA info. on the search. It is a staph infection that usually starts in a cut or infected hair follicle. My friend had one and she had a big pus pocket in her leg. The had to culture the pus the see what antibiotic to use for it. And if you are giving the dr. a urine sample for your UTI then when they culture the urine the Staph aureus would show up in the culture. So the dr. would of known if you had mrsa when you got your first uti.

Last edited by moderator2; 04-12-2008 at 06:31 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Closed Thread