It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• White Plastic coming out of vagina from sling support

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-03-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
    janp333
    (female)

janp333 HB User
    White Plastic coming out of vagina from sling support

Hi, I had the SPARC sling support put in because of my stress incontinence back in 2001 and have had nothing but trouble since. When first put in I had severe cramps and pains inside. I couldn't have intercourse without feeling pain. I would get this stretching pulling tightening feeling. When I got not results from the urologist who put it in, I got a second opinion. The other uroligist said the first doctor put the sling in too high and that he would try to take it out. After the surgery he told me that he couldn't take the whole SPARC sling support out because that would mean he would have to crack my pelvic bone to get it all out because it's place behind the pelvic bone. So now over 7 years later I have part of this synthetic sling support thing inside of me falling apart. In the past year my doctor had to take out pieces of white plastic from my vagina. I could even see the white pieces sticking out of me with a mirror. I also still have pain inside of me when I have intercourse and my husband says he can feel the hard stitches inside hitting on his penis. It's a nightmare. What can I do now and why is this white plastic coming out of my body. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Thank you and God bless. Jan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2009, 06:29 PM   #2
    redsatin
    (female)

redsatin HB User
    Re: White Plastic coming out of vagina from sling support

Quote:
    Originally Posted by janp333 View Post
    Hi, I had the SPARC sling support put in because of my stress incontinence back in 2001 and have had nothing but trouble since. When first put in I had severe cramps and pains inside. I couldn't have intercourse without feeling pain. I would get this stretching pulling tightening feeling. When I got not results from the urologist who put it in, I got a second opinion. The other uroligist said the first doctor put the sling in too high and that he would try to take it out. After the surgery he told me that he couldn't take the whole SPARC sling support out because that would mean he would have to crack my pelvic bone to get it all out because it's place behind the pelvic bone. So now over 7 years later I have part of this synthetic sling support thing inside of me falling apart. In the past year my doctor had to take out pieces of white plastic from my vagina. I could even see the white pieces sticking out of me with a mirror. I also still have pain inside of me when I have intercourse and my husband says he can feel the hard stitches inside hitting on his penis. It's a nightmare. What can I do now and why is this white plastic coming out of my body. PLEASE HELP ME!!!! Thank you and God bless. Jan
    I had a SPARC sling done on December 9, 2008 and less than two weeks it broke on the left side. My urologist just ignored my references to pain, pressure, bloating and failing to urinate. I self cafed for three weeks and visited five different emergency rooms for help and it wasn't until I had fecal matter flowing out of my vagina that I finally started to get answers.
    I now have a bag for stool on my left side and the possibility that this can never be reversed. I face three if not four more surgeries to try and correct the damage done to my colon when the sling broke and hit the colon and vaginal wall. The damage lead to the colon opening into the vagina. A new urologist isn't sure if the sling can be removed as the original urologist did not step back from my case until early February 2009 and by then the broken sling was ingrown into the surrounding tissue. It may be a year to a year and a half before (if ever) my husband can resume sex with me. I have frequent infections and the rashes and fungus infections are very painful. I still have a lot of pain from the SPARC surgery and believe it or not the left sling insision has never healed closed. We need to get the word out that this is not a surgery to get without knowing the full problems that can forever change our lives.

Last edited by redsatin; 04-01-2009 at 06:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Old 04-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #3
    INPAIN101
    (female)

INPAIN101 HB User

I had the monarch sling done in 2007 and that is the one with the mesh. I had a baby in Jan this year and now I am in so much pain from this thing that I can't hardly do anything without severe pain. I have told my doctors but I am scared of what it takes to remove it and so worried about my after life. I asked my doctor would it be okay to have a baby and he said yes. My advice to anyone is do not have it done.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:06 AM   #4
    redsatin
    (female)

redsatin HB User

I just had some very bad news about the sling. It has now grown though the uretha and is blocking the flow of urine. It makes the bladder fill then I leak and I have to go to the bathroom every hour or risk an accident. The new urologist wants to operate as soon as possible to get as much of the sling out as she can. Then repairs have to be made to the uretha. The Gastrologist will operate eight to ten weeks later to repair the colon damage and the vaginal damage. The chances are that I will always have the colonostomy. As a young sixty year old grandmother this condition has made it impossible to travel and see my grandchildren. I can't even go to the grocery store with out an accident. I have to keep plastic pads on my car seats and any where I sit. My whole quality of life stinks. I would recommend not having this procedure, unless the doctor runs many tests and knows the strength and thickness of the uretha and intestional walls. Find a Doctor that cattors to women and has done at lest 100 of these procedures without problems. Talk to others she has done then decide.

Last edited by redsatin; 04-13-2009 at 05:09 AM.

Old 04-13-2009, 05:10 AM   #5
    redsatin
    (female)

redsatin HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by redsatin View Post
    I just had some very bad news about the sling. It has now grown though the uretha and is blocking the flow of urine. It makes the bladder fill then I leak and I have to go to the bathroom every hour or risk an accident. The new urologist wants to operate as soon as possible to get as much of the sling out as she can. Then repairs have to be made to the uretha. The Gastrologist will operate eight to ten weeks later to repair the colon damage and the vaginal damage. The chances are that I will always have the colonostomy. As a young sixty year old grandmother this condition has made it impossible to travel and see my grandchildren. I can't even go to the grocery store with out an accident. I have to keep plastic pads on my car seats and any where I sit. My whole quality of life stinks. I would recommend not having this procedure, unless the doctor runs many tests and knows the strength and thickness of the uretha and intestional walls. Find a Doctor that cattors to women and has done at lest 100 of these procedures without problems. Talk to others she has done then decide.

Closed Thread