It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Is there a safer alternative to Toradol (ketorolac)?Also kidney stone?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-10-2009, 10:50 AM   #1
    missy101
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

missy101 HB User
    Is there a safer alternative to Toradol (ketorolac)?Also kidney stone?

I went to the ER yesterday and it was found that I have two 2mm stones which are almost to the bladder. I was prescribed ketorolac which she said should help the stones pass and the urgency pain I am feeling. But when I looked this medicine up - the warnings and side effects are very scarey sounding. So, I am too afraid to take it. I also take a beta blocker, cymbalta and zyrtec which were all interaction warnings. I was also given a script for vicoden, but that makes me really sick to my stomach.

Is there ANYthing safer I can ask for or even anything over the counter? My biggest issue is this constant urgency. Been dealing with it for 8 days now.

Also...what kind of pain am I looking forward to when these pass????

Thanks!!

Heather, 34

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
    Buzzy523
    (female)

Buzzy523 HB User
    Re: Is there a safer alternative to Toradol (ketorolac)?Also kidney stone?

I took the Toradol. Thought it was the best pain killer ever. I was given it in the hospital when it was discovered I had a 6mm stone. Then someone told me I shouldn't have been taking it because I have Kidney Disease. My 6mm stone was in my urethra. Yours are small and if they are near the bladder, they will pass. Just drink, drink, drink water. They should not be too painful to pass. Try to catch them in a strainer to bring to the urologist to have tested. I was not as lucky , I had to have litotripsy. I did pass a 6mm back in March. I had spasms. That was the body trying to get rid of the stone. Good Luck!

Closed Thread