It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Request to all those who've undergone urethroplasty or are considering it

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-03-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
    shaqkillz451
    (male)

shaqkillz451 HB User
    Request to all those who've undergone urethroplasty or are considering it

Hello All,

i've been diagnosed with a bulbar urethral stricture around 2 cm in length and a doctor in nyc (Noel Armenekas) has recommended a urethroplasty. I'm ready to get rid of this problem since its been giving me symptoms such as increased frequency, spraying, pushing to get the urine out, etcetra. I'm really requesting all those members who've undergone urethroplasty to comment on their post-urethroplasty complaints/symptoms. I'm worried about the urethroplasty having an effect on my sex life (i'm in early 20's) such as decreased ejaculation, fertility, impotence, urine and semen sequestration. Also, please comment on the positives of the surgery, namely how much better the urine flow rate is and whether it is close to what it was prior to the stricture. Finally, anyone care to tell me about their surgeon who they thought did a good job. I would prefer someone in the tri-state area.

I've read other posters who've talked about their experience with urethroplasty. My recommended one is either a end-end anastomotic or buccal graft urethroplasty and again would really appreciate input from others.

I'm again really asking posters who've had this procedure or know someone who has had the procedure to comment.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2009, 06:31 PM   #2
    shaqkillz451
    (male)

shaqkillz451 HB User
    Re: Request to all those who've undergone urethroplasty or are considering it

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shaqkillz451 View Post
    Hello All,

i've been diagnosed with a bulbar urethral stricture around 2 cm in length and a doctor in nyc (Noel Armenekas) has recommended a urethroplasty. I'm ready to get rid of this problem since its been giving me symptoms such as increased frequency, spraying, pushing to get the urine out, etcetra. I'm really requesting all those members who've undergone urethroplasty to comment on their post-urethroplasty complaints/symptoms. I'm worried about the urethroplasty having an effect on my sex life (i'm in early 20's) such as decreased ejaculation, fertility, impotence, urine and semen sequestration. Also, please comment on the positives of the surgery, namely how much better the urine flow rate is and whether it is close to what it was prior to the stricture. Finally, anyone care to tell me about their surgeon who they thought did a good job. I would prefer someone in the tri-state area.

I've read other posters who've talked about their experience with urethroplasty. My recommended one is either a end-end anastomotic or buccal graft urethroplasty and again would really appreciate input from others.

I'm again really asking posters who've had this procedure or know someone who has had the procedure to comment.

Thanks
    bump...someone if you have any info, please let me know.

Old 02-08-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
    tucsonon
    (male)

tucsonon HB User
    Re: Request to all those who've undergone urethroplasty or are considering it

How did this work out for you? I am a week into my recovery after a 1 stage urethoplasty. I also have the same questions as you. My main concern right now is the swelling. I am still swollen, scrotum and base of penis, not overly swollen but swollen. I was operated last Tuesday so I am exactly seven days into it. My only other problems is erections at night I cant control them even with the amy nitrate. So I wake up with blood from broken scabs etc. I am healing and my penis does not look really red or anything like that but it is pretty ugly as they used the skin from the penis for the graft and so I have stitches on the sides and underneath from the incisions. And lastly the blood and scab give off a slightly foul odor after I shower which Im guessing is because of the blood and what not. I am going for a follow up tomorrow so I will ask all of the questions over. Lastly yellowish discharge from around catheder? I was told this is normal and to increase my fluid intake. Thanks

Closed Thread