It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• urethra pain - male

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #1
    shakeman
    (male)

shakeman HB User
    urethra pain - male

40Yr old male with a long history of off and on prostatitis. Two and a half weeks ago I suffered a punch to the testes and penis during a "friendly" football game. I immediately iced the area and carefully went to the toilet and urinated. Urine didn't burn and the penis felt a little sore but all seemed fairly well. I am now concerned that perhaps some damage was sustained but i wanted other opinions on that. My current symptoms did not begin until 2-3 days after the incident. I began to feel quick sharp pains from the urethra towards the tip of the penis during urination. I also began suffering burning like sensations for a while after each urination. Ejaculation causes a similar burn. My urine stream is normal. There is no blood. I dropped of urine for bacterial analysis today. Assuming that comes back negative...

Could this be a normal reaction to the trauma, and I can expect it to resolve soon?
    Is it likely that the trauma has caused urethral inflammation or stirred up another episode of prostatitis?
    Or am I likely looking at something for long term like a possible stricture? how rare are strictures?

I was born with a fairly narrow urethra and I am deathly afraid of a catheter or cystoscope. I am afraid of the process AND the potential for damage to my narrow urethra.

If this continues, what are my other options for evaluation? Xray? Ultrasound?

Any other suggestions? I have read that a bath with diluted tea tree oil might be a good idea.

Thanks,
    JJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread