It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Inlfammed meatus

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-13-2012, 05:53 PM   #1
    Arizonaman17
    (male)

Arizonaman17 HB User
    Inlfammed meatus

I also posted this in the STD board. Just trying to find someone with any information on this topic.

I am a circumcised 24 year old male. Seven months ago, I engaged in unprotected vaginal intercourse (dumb, right?). Right after, I experience the most intense urge to pee and no matter what i did could not lose the sensation. It was almost as if urine or some artifact was trapped in my urethra. In addition, my urethral opening, meatus, was puffy. One side was significantly larger than the other. There has never been, nor have I noticed, any discharge of any kind.

A month later, with problems still going on, thinking it was an STD, I went and got tested. The urethral swab for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia came back negative. So I went to my family doctor. He suspected that it was a UTI. He prescribed a round of SXT (common UTI drug). This helped greatly with the urge to pee, but there was still some times when it felt like urine was still in my urethra and there was still inflammation of the meatus.

Three months later, I went and got tested again for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia, this time the urine test. It came back negative. This entire time, my partner was not experiencing any symptoms what so ever. Again, I went to my family doctor who still thought that it was still a UTI and he prescribed SXT again. The second time around, it greatly reduced the urge to urinate and the feeling of urine still stuck in my urethra, but inflammation of the meatus still remained.

Six months after the unprotected sex, with the STD results negative, and two rounds of SXT, the problem still remained. I went and saw a urologist, him thinking it was something invasive prescribed a tetracycline to help rid any non-gonococcal bacteria that may be present. Other than that, he said I was fine. I took the drug. I rarely have the sensation of urine stuck in my urethra, but still my meatus remains inflamed.

If anyone has any information for this situation, it would be greatly appreciated. Please help.

Additional notes: I have not had sex since that time and have not been sick in any way. I have however started to notice small amounts of white stringy mucous discharge in my urine, which I just assume to be semen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    inflammation, meatus, std, urethra, uti