It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Soda Side Effect?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #1
    notafan
    (male)

notafan HB User
    Soda Side Effect?

Hi everyone,
    I am trying to figure out why a certain type of soda seems to cause some weird side effects. I am on an anti-depressant named Nardil, which is an atypical antidepressant, usually used as last resort, but Iíve been on it since the late 1990ís. Iím pretty familiar with the side effects of the medication, and I do know there are occasions when I have urinary retention that are caused by it. With that said, Iíve noticed 100% of the time I have this side effect pop up if I drink Mello Yello soda, or the diet version, Mello Yello Zero.

I first noticed this in the early 2000ís when drinking the regular Mello Yello soda. After not seeing it around on the market for a while, itís since re-emerged, and this time with a diet version as well. I am a big fan of citrus drinks in general, though I only drink diet ones these days - Mello Yello, Mountain Dew, Sun Drop, etc (those are the most common there I can find in a diet version). Everything is normally fine until I reach for a Mello Yello, which might be my favorite of the three. The urinary retention comes back, and I experience burning as well, depending on how much I drink. Once itís out of my system for a couple of days, all is back to normal. No other citrus drink has done this to me. The burning is also an issue sexually - not just after urination.

I am 100% positive this particular soda does thisÖ and I need to stay away unless I want to deal with itÖ my only question is WHY? On blood work for the last year and a half, my BUN/Creatine levels (kidney test) have been high, and one of the causes (in addition to minor ones like dehydration) are a blockage in the urinary tract.. though I don't think this is the case, because I had this issue back as far as the early 2000's when I drank Mello Yello.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread