It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• CT Scan after passing kidney stone results...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
    wallace7777
    (male)

wallace7777 HB User
    CT Scan after passing kidney stone results...

I passed a small kidney stone 18 days ago and went to the Urologist two days later to have the stone checked and follow-up. I still had blood in urine and a lot of pain in right groin to the right hip. I was sent to have a blood work and told to come back for a follow-up a week later. Week later came and was told had no blood in urine and blood work was fine and performed a urine flow test which was good too. I still have pain in groin area to hip so was sent for a CT scan and ultra-sound of groin. Ultra-sound of groin(testicles) was good with no problems then two days ago I requested a copy of my CT scan and the results.(was told if something was found they would contact me immediately)

I read the report and the Doctor that did the review of the scan says there are no problems and no stones in the kidneys or ureters and specifically no problems in the right lower quadrant. I was a little floored that nothing has been found and am frustrated. I put the CD of the CT scan and start reviewing the images. All of a sudden all three angles show the same solid white anomalies in the same right lower pelvis region just to the right of my bladder. My follow-up with my urologist isn't for another week. Should I just sit back and wait until then, call the hospital and request a review with the MD that did the CT scan review, or ... ?

Last edited by Administrator; 04-11-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
    RosaCinNC
    (female)

RosaCinNC HB User
    Re: CT Scan after passing kidney stone results...

Wallace,

I'm curious, were you able to prove the stones or did they say it was something else? I'm going through something similar, and I just wanted to know if you were able to prove your point. I am very frustrated.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:36 PM   #3
    wallace7777
    (male)

wallace7777 HB User
    Re: CT Scan after passing kidney stone results...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by RosaCinNC View Post
    Wallace,

I'm curious, were you able to prove the stones or did they say it was something else? I'm going through something similar, and I just wanted to know if you were able to prove your point. I am very frustrated.
    Sorry it took so long for me to respond, the MD said they are probably phleboliths(calcifications) within a vein. Just seamed weird... ended up finding a inguinal hernia and had surgery. The main problem, didn't really cure the problem and still have pain in my lower right pelvis area just fewer instances and not as intense but still there.

Closed Thread