It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Med-Resistant UTI---HELP?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
    WhistleDixie
    Inactive
    (female)

WhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB User
    Med-Resistant UTI---HELP?

I have experienced problems with UTI on and off for over 2 years. I would tell my PCP, who would take a UA and say "clear" with no further investigation. I finally saw a urologist with dark yellow urine and nasty sulfur smell, especially first of the day.

He catheterized my bladder, and attempted to do an ultrasound of it. He said "he couldn't see the bladder because of junk in there"...his words. I asked what he meant? He said "he guessed it was adhesions from surgery". I questioned the possibility of residual endometriosis? He cultured the urine sample and it came back positive for ecoli...yep, I know it's common in women...but I still throw up a little in my mouth...It sounds like I'm nasty. I'm not. I'm a clean freak, with my body and my environment=(

He prescribed Bactrim, Septra, Doxicyclen, Macrobid---one at a time, of course, because the UTI kept returning with a vengeance. It's still occurring, though not being treated currently. The urine smells like rotten eggs. My flanks hurt severely. It seems as if I'm not being taken seriously. I fear permanent damage to my bladder and/or kidneys. What should I do? The urologist says "it appears as though I have antibiotic-resistant UIT". Well...DUH...Why can't you administer a stronger med through IV and knock it out?

PLEASE HELP!

note: I just started taking Morphine for PM, so I don't know if antibiotics are compatible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    flank pain, infection, uti, women's health