It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Bladder Pressure bloated feeling

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #1
    limitcoffee
    (female)

limitcoffee HB User
    Bladder Pressure bloated feeling

For about 6 months I have had on and off bladder pressure. I am 41 yrs old & I have had 3 children. Sometimes the pressure is so uncomfortable that it made everyday activities pure agony. It seemed to follow my cycles..sometimes worse during ovulation other times right after my period..etc. I had a cyst on my ovary..thought it was that? Maybe enodometriosis...? Periods normal. Started tracking it and saw it was happening all throughout the month. Went to the OBGYN..had ultrasound..everything was fine. Small cyst (which is so common) on one of my ovaries but not large enough to cause any pressure. Ruled out Gyno issue. Dr said to see an urologist for a bladder problem? I have had three kids..probably have a dropped bladder..maybe? Meanwhile, I went online. I saw that certain foods can irritate your bladder. Before calling a urologist I decided to look at what I eat/drink. The number one irritant..coffee. Oh! I drink a ton of coffee!! Probably 3 cups or more in the am...these are not really cups..large mugs full. Afternoon iced coffee..late afternoon sometimes. So, I cut coffee out for 2 weeks..had withdrawls..felt miserable mentally... But my pressure in my bladder was gone! Decided to experiement having only one cup (not huge) of coffee in the am. My pressure is gone. My bladder feels great now! I do notice if I drink a cup in the am on an empty stomach, that I do feel a little faint pressure in my bladder. Hope this helps someone!!!* this is my first time posting here..I just felt others should know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-15-2014, 08:12 PM   #2
    leelee58
    (female)

leelee58 HB User
    Re: Bladder Pressure bloated feeling

Thanks for the info. I have been having lower abdominal pain and pressure for 2 months following a bladder infection . I took 2rounds of antibiotics and no more bladder infection and my vaginal ultrasound was fine. I don't know what to do next. I only have 2 cups of coffee in the morning.

Closed Thread

Tags
    bladder