It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Urology Message Board

• Frequent Urination and bladder not emptying

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #1
    amitairos
    (male)

amitairos HB User
    Frequent Urination and bladder not emptying

Hi.
    I have frequent urination, and my bladder doesn't empty completely, therefore I feel the need to go right after I went, and sometimes I take a very long time trying to get out what I have in the bladder.
    I also have constipation, and strain on the toilet.
    I also was frequently going to the bathroom for different reasons and I'm stressed out.
    I understand these two can play a role in my bladder problems.
    Is this true? If so, what can I do to heal? Bladder training? Pelvic floor muscle exercises?
    Will taking a drug that empties my bladder be helpful in the long term?
    Also, a Urologist sent me to a neurologist for my weak bladder. How is that connected?
    Any other suggestions?
    Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #2
    albedo1
    (male)

albedo1 HB Useralbedo1 HB Useralbedo1 HB Useralbedo1 HB User
    Re: Frequent Urination and bladder not emptying

Has the urologist excluded problems with your prostate such as hypertrophy which is a benign condition (e.g. BPH). Did she/he suggest a medication? How old are you?

Old 12-23-2014, 03:26 PM   #3
    amitairos
    (male)

amitairos HB User

Hi. The urologist checked my prostate and it seems fine. He prescribed me to a Tamsulosin and see how it goes. I'm not sure this will solve the problem if the cause is something like I wrote.
    The urologist also sent me to do a uroflowmetry test.
    I'm about 21.
    Thanks.

Old 12-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #4
    albedo1
    (male)

albedo1 HB Useralbedo1 HB Useralbedo1 HB Useralbedo1 HB User

I think the urologist had a sound approach and the uroflowmetry will possibly help to see what is happening. The neurologist can be also a good idea. At 21 yo BPH should be rare. I cannot offer much advise. At 57 yo I had a surgery (bipolar-TURP) because an obstructive prostate and very high residual after urination (post-void residual). I also had high doses (0.8mg) of tamsulosin which is generally well tolerated and helpful but not in my case. Good luck.

Old 01-03-2015, 10:14 PM   #5
    Nc mom
    (female)

Nc mom HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amitairos View Post
    Hi.
    I have frequent urination, and my bladder doesn't empty completely, therefore I feel the need to go right after I went, and sometimes I take a very long time trying to get out what I have in the bladder.
    I also have constipation, and strain on the toilet.
    I also was frequently going to the bathroom for different reasons and I'm stressed out.
    I understand these two can play a role in my bladder problems.
    Is this true? If so, what can I do to heal? Bladder training? Pelvic floor muscle exercises?
    Will taking a drug that empties my bladder be helpful in the long term?
    Also, a Urologist sent me to a neurologist for my weak bladder. How is that connected?
    Any other suggestions?
    Thanks.
    I am a 45 year old female. I experienced these same symptoms about 9 years ago. I had to go to the bathroom frequently. Only a little came out I could tell I wasn't emptying all the way. The constipation that you are feeling might be from the urine that's not emptying out. I went to the urologist and they did tests. Tge neurologists did some tests as well. They diagnosed me with a spastic bladder. This means you feel like you have to go to the bathroom all the time but you really don't. I was also diagnosed as having a neurogenic bladder. This means I am healthy but my bladder doesn't have the ability to empty on its own. I take 10 milligrams of vesicare 1 time a day to help with the spastic bladder. I have to use a catheder every time I go to the bathroom. Every six months I see my urologist he makes sure I'm doing alright and he does a urine test to see if I have a uti. Every time I go to the bathroom he wants me to pee until I can't then self cath myself. I asked my dr arnt you worried how many times I self cath myself? He said no he would be worried when I can't empty out at all or if I start leaking because I'm very young to have this. You also have to clean the cath every time and you can use one a week. I also have generic macro id if I feel I have a uti he wants me to take it for 5 days. You can be more prone for Utis because of using the cath. They never said exercises could help. This is the bladder and you can't tighten it through exercise. Good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
    bladder, frequent urination