It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

Continuing Issues

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #1
dove062476
(female)

dove062476 HB User
Continuing Issues

I am looking for info on Vit B12 and D deficiency. I have recently been told that my problems either stem from MS, diabetic neuropathy, or vit B12 and D deficiency. Is it possible that there could be lack of bladder urgency because of vit b12 and d? My most recent problems are related to my bladder. The urgency to pee is nearly gone. At night I wake up 1-4 times per night to pee. Being woken up by an ache in my abdomen. I am literally checking through out the day if I have to pee. It feels like an ache or something round in my abdomen. I honestly cant describe it. I honestly dont even know if my bladder is emptying completely.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2018, 05:29 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Continuing Issues

Dove,
How many times a day are you actually urinating? That would tell you if you are not peeing enough...you can find out if you are emptying your bladder completely with a simple scan at the urologists office. Make an appt to find out. Its a 3 minute test.

MS can cause bladder problems such as urgency and even incontinence - but not from the get go....this is something many MSers deal with after years of MS.

A low D can be a sign of MS; but not always...I have MS and have never had a low D level, usually its the opposite, its really high. I have never had a B problem either.

You would know if you had peripheral neuropathy. The symptoms are too extreme to ignore.

Next step, see a urologist and have some tests done to make sure your bladder is functioning properly. This can be a completely separate issue from MS.

Good luck!

Old 01-12-2018, 09:17 PM   #3
dove062476
(female)

dove062476 HB User

Over the summer I thought I had a bladder infection. Doc did a test, no infection. She decided to send it our for further testing. Gave me a prescription. Called me after a few days. No infection. This is something that has been happening occassionally. Not to the extent of these last few weeks. The pain was excrutiating last night. I cried. I really am hoping this is just a vitamin deficiency.

Old 01-13-2018, 03:38 AM   #4
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

You might want to consider a second opinion with your doctor. MS, vitamin deficiencies and peripheral neuropathy do not cause pain with urination.

Go get another test to look for infection. You may not have showed it a few weeks ago, but maybe it will show up now? I would check again.

Old 01-13-2018, 04:30 PM   #5
dove062476
(female)

dove062476 HB User

I dont have pain with urination, I get abdominal pain or a feeling of a ball in my abdomen. I thought it might have been a uti or kidney infection. It wasnt either. I check every few hours. And surprisingly last night, I didnt get awaken with abdominal pain until about 5 am. Only once! YAY! But I am still not able to feel if I have to pee during the day until I get the abdominal pain. I try to avoid the abdominal pain by checking every few hours. It helps a bit.

Reply Reply