It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

• Magnesium Supplements

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-22-2021, 11:51 AM   #1
    sgeneris
    (male)

sgeneris HB User
    Magnesium Supplements

I am a 73 yo man with diabetes, high BP and high cholesterol all controlled by meds, propensity for kidney stones and GI issues suspected due to IBS. I am on the public health system and have no control over quality of care.

I was recently diagnosed with mild Mg deficiency. My dr referred me to a pharmacist who did not even see me -- she said all Mg supplements are the same and prescribed the most common MgOxide, which I had to stop due to GI issues. The dr then referred me back to the pharmacist, who substituted MgChloride. The pharmacy offered 2 products -- Mag64 and Nu-Mag..My research exposed ample conflicting and questionable info, due to which I am unable to decide (1) whether MgCl is best option given my conditions and (2) if it's MgCl, which product is best.

In the meantime my long time dr has left and I have not been assigned a new one. Drs don't think much of supplements and don't know much about them, pharmacists dismiss the differences between the supplements, so I must resort to the knowledge and experience of others.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    magnesium, magnesium chloride