It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

• Anyone ever try PRIMAL DEFENSE or any GARDEN OF LIFE products for Stomach problems?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-13-2003, 01:12 PM   #1
    xtian1

xtian1 HB User
    Post Anyone ever try PRIMAL DEFENSE or any GARDEN OF LIFE products for Stomach problems?

I've just read "Patient heal thyself" and the books make alot of sense. I am currently taking "GOATEIN" protein powder and it seems to be keeping the weight on (I have malabsorption problems due to bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine and a still undiagnosed auto-immune Lupus-like disease). Just wondered if anyone's had success with PRIMAL DEFENSE or RM-10, REVIVALL, FYI etc...
    Would love to hear from you.

Thanks,

Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2003, 02:46 PM   #2
    RageOfAngels
    Veteran

RageOfAngels HB User
    Chris,

PRIMAL DEFENSE has been for me one of the greatest discoveries, at least health-wise, of my entire life. I started taking it at the recommend of a colon hydrotherapist while I was battling candida/yeast infection, and it not only worked incredibly to kill the yeast, but it has improved my digestion and I feel so alive and oxygenated while taking it compared to what I used to feel. I still take it and recommend it to whoever will listen. And I can feel the difference when I do NOT take it.

Unfortunately though, I have not had such dramatic results with Garden Of Life's other products like RM-10 or the PERFECT FOOD caps. I am not sure if they did much at all for me, but then again I did not take them regularly according to the recommended daily dose, so that makes my results kind of skewed.

I did just discover another product of theirs though, a powdered fiber supplement called SUPER SEEDS, and I love it! I mix it into fruit smoothies and it is delicious, and adds in getting enough fiber and protein and other essential ingrediants.

So as far as the Garden Of Life products go, I'd say I have been extremely pleased and helped by at least 2 of the 4 I tried. And maybe the others would help more if I took them more regularly, but my initial reaction was that they didn't seem to be doing too much at the time.

Hope this helps!

-Al

[This message has been edited by RageOfAngels (edited 06-13-2003).]

Old 06-18-2003, 07:02 AM   #3
    Harry
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
    I think Primal Defense is one of the better probiotic supplements !!!

Old 06-27-2003, 02:01 PM   #4
    AngelaA
    Senior Veteran

AngelaA HB User
    Hi,

I keep reading posts on different boards all saying how great Primal Defense is. I am thinking about ordering some, but first could someone list all the ingredients if they have a bottle handy? All of the yeast killing products I've come across have things in it I am allergic to such as garlic, so have been unable to use candidas treatments or internal cleaners.

Thanks!
    Angela

Old 06-28-2003, 04:47 AM   #5
    RageOfAngels
    Veteran

RageOfAngels HB User
    There is really too much to list, unless someone else has the time to do that. But I know there is no garlic in it. There's alot of web info about it though.

Old 07-09-2003, 10:47 PM   #6
    mdla
    Veteran

mdla HB User
    I just got my first bottle of the primal defense on Sunday and I can already not as constipated and bloated.

Old 07-10-2003, 11:34 AM   #7
    vuitton
    (female)

vuitton HB User
    Hi, I bought Primal Defence and I was wondering how many do you all take and when do you take them?
    Thanks for any imput!

Old 07-22-2003, 01:01 PM   #8
    shadepra

shadepra HB User
    I was wondering about the dosage too. I just started taking them and am up to 2 a day. It says to increase to at least 6/day for a minimum of 3 months, then back down to 3/day for maintenance. But is that for people who are having problems with CFS and other ailments? If you're just wanting it to help with digestion, is this 3 month "cleansing" period necessary?

Old 07-22-2003, 11:37 PM   #9
    RageOfAngels
    Veteran

RageOfAngels HB User
    I would ideally like to take 6 a day, but cannot afford to right at this time. However, I do find benefit still taking 2-3 a day.

They should be taken on an empty stomach, preferrably first thing in the morning, with a large glass of water. I take 2 in the morning this way, and then another right before a large meal since it acts as a digestive enzyme.

For starting out though, stick with 1 a day for start, and increase to 2-3 if you do not experience any major detox symptoms. The reason you should be cautious at first is because you may experience loose stools, extra gas or other bowel symptoms as a symptom of detox.

Old 07-04-2004, 12:21 PM   #10
    roxe

roxe HB User
    Re: Anyone ever try PRIMAL DEFENSE or any GARDEN OF LIFE products for Stomach problems?

Hi,

I just started taking Primal Defense and WOW! I must be having incredible die-off, cuz I can only take 1/2 scoop twice a day. I've started having formed stools for the first time in years... but such yucky feelings that I'm hoping that I won't be sorry taking it.

RageOfAngels, how did you really feel the first week you took this product? Did you feel yucky too? Did you have good days and bad days?

I guess I just need some feedback from others who have taken this product for really bad conditions and what their experiences have been with it... does it get better with time?

Appreciate all the input from others about this.

Thanks for your help

Closed Thread