It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

• Flax Seed questions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2003, 07:37 AM   #1
    kanattoo
    (female)

kanattoo HB User
    Post Flax Seed questions

I just started using ground flax seed about a week ago. I have been using about 1/4 cup a day and mixing it in different foods. From everything I have read, flax seed is supposed to make you more regular, but now I am constipated. I never have this problem, could it be the flax seed? Also, is it true that you are supposed to drink tons of water to help the flax seed work? Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2003, 11:12 AM   #2
    RageOfAngels
    Veteran

RageOfAngels HB User
    You do need to drink alot of water for the flax seed to work. It absorbs water, so if there isn't enough in your colon, you will end up drier than before.

Old 09-20-2003, 11:22 AM   #3
    shadepra

shadepra HB User
    Sometimes when you suddenly start to eat more fiber than your body is used to, it can cause temporary constipation. Keep drinking Lots of water, and try reducing the flaxseed portion a little until your body gets adjusted.

Old 09-20-2003, 12:08 PM   #4
    kanattoo
    (female)

kanattoo HB User
    Thank you! For those of you who use flax seed, how long before you noticed results? Has it helped your skin at all?

Closed Thread