It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

• "Ultra Mega" Questions For An Ultra Mega Pill

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-31-2004, 07:54 AM   #1
    MachOneMustang
    (male)

MachOneMustang HB User
    Question "Ultra Mega" Questions For An Ultra Mega Pill

Hey Guys. I just recently purchased GNC’s Ultra Mega Gold without Iron multivitamin. If you don’t already know, it has a LOT of the included vitamins and minerals, many times skyrocketing past 100% DV into the 1,000’s. Sure, this is great for those who may want to take supplements of each of these vitamins, for now it can all be consolidated into one pill, but here’s where my questions arise…

A) These dosages are quite high in certain aspects, is it smart to ignore the “Take 2 tablets daily” instruction and start off with one? This may help the body “build-up” to the higher dosages, as taking 2 tablets right off to start may not be a wise choice for some. If so… how long before you begin to take 2 a day? If not… why? Can the body rid itself of whatever it doesn’t need or want? Surely they wouldn’t cram high dosages of certain vitamins into a daily supplement that they knew could easily reach toxic levels within the body… right?

B) Given that these dosages are in fact so high… does the body really absorb all of that? They say to space out the total dosage into multiple ones throughout the day to maximize absorption, and you are supposed to “Take 2 daily” of the Ultra Mega… but is that even enough?

Thanks in advance for the input!

Last edited by MachOneMustang; 08-31-2004 at 07:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2004, 08:58 AM   #2
    Kime
    (female)

Kime HB User
    Re: "Ultra Mega" Questions For An Ultra Mega Pill

Most vitamins are safe at a high dosage. If they have vitamin A as beta carotine you are OK, but if they have a high dose of actual vitamin A you need to be aware of how much you are taking, it can have side effects if you take very high doses over a long period of time. It doesn't have iron, so you are OK there.

I just looked up Ultra mega gold on the internet. The dosages aren't unusually high. The vitamin A is at a safe level. Go ahead and take one in the AM and one in the PM and you will be fine. The body excretes what it doesn't need of almost all vitamins, and you should absorb what you need from what is there. You might find that your dreams are more vivid because of the 100mg of B6, or if you don't remember your dreams you may start remembering them. I think quite a few people can actually use more niacin than they have, and most people a lot more vitamin C, and about twice as much zinc, but otherwise I think it is pretty good. You might look up vitamin C Cathcart if you are interested in learning more about why you might want to take additional vitamin C above what is in the multi tabs.

Last edited by Kime; 08-31-2004 at 09:04 AM.

Closed Thread