It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

• HELP!!Teenager is GRUMPY!!!needVITAMINS???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-18-2005, 06:55 AM   #1
    ronda22

ronda22 HB User
    HELP!!Teenager is GRUMPY!!!needVITAMINS???

Hi, my daughter is 12 going on 21, and she is SO grumpy and moody ALL the time. HELP!!! she doesnt eat all that great, what teen does??!! and i know she is in need of some vitamins. but what most of and what kind???!! I read somewhere about B vitamins being for moods and energy, (which she lacks all of, she is SO unmotivated to do anything) so i was wondering if i should just give her B complex, or a good multi. and what brand of multi?? i know some are better than others, GNC, etc.

Please HELP!! Teenager is KILLING me!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2005, 08:39 AM   #2
    DaVinci
    (female)

DaVinci HB User
    Re: HELP!!Teenager is GRUMPY!!!needVITAMINS???

EFAs - essential fatty acids(they are called essential for a reason), get at GNC, I believe they have 2 brands. I usually get which ever one is on sale at the moment. To get her to take them, tell her they give you nice shiny hair and clear skin which they do. Also help majorly with moods, studies show that all of us are deficient in them. Really cheap as far as supplements go, so you can afford to be bad mood free also. I'm 40ish and have regained the smooth shiny hair I had in my teens. The B complex is a good idea too, but one battle at a time!

Old 08-21-2005, 05:27 PM   #3
    notpain
    Inactive
    (male)

notpain HB User

Give her a good multi-vitamin with a "balance" of all the nutrients and let her body decide what to absorb. I grinned at your post, because if a "vitamin solution" solved grumpy teen syndrome the world would be one happy place! Vitamins like anything you put in your body need to be in the right amount at the right time, if you get too much or too little you could do more harm than good. Finding a doctor who will advise you is almost a joke, most MD's know little about specific nutrition. Go to your towns/cities local healthfood store and find a long term employee and just start chatting. From there research online. Then if you really think there is a problem condsider an herbalist, or a homeopath or a chiropracter with a good reputation. Read about whole food vitamins from Garden of Life and New Chapter. The more you read, the more you learn, the more you figure out what helps your body. Then of course listen to your body to see if you feel better or worse. And always start slow and work your way up. I personally supplement calcium/magnesium citrate, vitamin C, etc. But I am also working with a doctor to figure out what I really need. Read Mercola about Metabolic typing - essentially what is good for one person may not be good for another. The great thing about vitamin research is it leads you down the path to better health because along the way you will make mistakes and learn and learn. Fortunatly it's pretty tough to overdo vitamins as long as you take a slow educated approach and listen to what your body tells you. You seldom turn on the news and hear of another death caused by someone taking a multi-vitamin everyday. But who knows some people have allergic reactions to even wholesome foods. The good thing is you are considering natural substances and nutrition and not some stupid drug.

Old 08-21-2005, 11:30 PM   #4
    BlueStar18
    Inactive
    (female)

BlueStar18 HB User

Its probably just her hormones but she does need vitamins so a good multi-vitamin wouldn't be a bad idea.

Closed Thread