It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

• apple cider vinegar?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-27-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
    threethings
    (female)

threethings HB User
    apple cider vinegar?

has anyone taken apple cider? if so...what did you take it for? is it useful? i was thinking of taking it for heartburn because i'm sick of taking prilosec. not sure what else it can help with.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2005, 03:53 PM   #2
    Yikes777
    (male)

Yikes777 HB User
    Re: apple cider vinegar?

Hello.

I have not taken it myself but am thinking about it. I have 3 friends, 2 of whom are very skeptical (type A Firefighters) and they swear by it for reflux. They use 2 tbsp with 2 tbsp of honey and mix it with a glass of water. They drink it with their meals and say they have felt wonderful. There are supposedly many benefits to be gained by the vinegar, but I can't say for sure what they are. The honey should be locally produced and that is supposed to help with allergies. Again, I can't give you a first person report, but that's what I have been told by people I am very close to.

The people at the health food store told me all about it and there are actually books on the stuff. Organic vinegar with the "mother" still in it is supposed to be the best.

Let me know what you find out. I'm curious as well.

Hope that helps!

Good luck,

Jack

Old 10-28-2005, 06:48 PM   #3
    warrenpoint
    (female)

warrenpoint HB User

I too am suffering with acid reflux. I have been looking to get the raw apple cider vinegar as it is supposed to be the best but have yet to get to a health store to look for it. My local health store has none left. I also found that eating an apple when you have reflux and it helps some. Just had an apple five minutes ago and waiting for ease. Try it and see if it helps until you get the vinegar. I will post when I get the vinegar and see some results.

Old 10-30-2005, 04:11 PM   #4
    threethings
    (female)

threethings HB User

Bragg is supposed to be a good brand. It's organic with the mother. I picked up a bottle the other day. I actually found it in the natural foods section of my supermarket (near the vitamins). I will give it a try and let you know.

Old 10-31-2005, 04:57 PM   #5
    threethings
    (female)

threethings HB User

I tried the vinegar last night. I put it in cranberry juice. I actually liked the taste. You have to make sure you brush your teeth after or it will rot your teeth. I had no heartburn after it and I felt pretty good! I will try and post back after using it for a longer period of time.

Old 11-03-2005, 06:29 PM   #6
    warrenpoint
    (female)

warrenpoint HB User

Just posted under GERD. I have today purchased Raw Apple cider vinegar and will try it tonight. Will post with results either way.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:45 PM   #7
    Moxie75
    Inactive

Moxie75 HB User

Raw organic apple cider vinegar is my staple to heartburn, acid reflux or whatever. It is great for digestion. If you take 1-2 tbsp before each meal it helps with digestion. My mom is always popping those rolaids when I told her to take this she did and 3 minutes she stopped with belching and everything. She also has a hiatal hernia..Lisa

Old 12-08-2005, 08:15 PM   #8
    warrenpoint
    (female)

warrenpoint HB User

I have posted on the GERD site with my results and they are unbelieveable. I have taken the RAW apple cider vinegar and I do not have heartburn or gerd during the nighttime. I sometimes feel it coming on when I eat something that is greasy and I take the vinegar and everything is fine. I think if you have any problems with acid reflux, gerd or heartburn, please try this. I cannot believe the relief I have had. It is just great and I have been telling everyone I know about this wonderful stuff.

Old 12-09-2005, 02:59 AM   #9
    justanothagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

justanothagirl HB User

is it really necessary to add honey? or could you just mix it with loaads of water?

Closed Thread