It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

• What's the best Calcium Supplement?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-22-2006, 06:49 PM   #1
    KittyLove
    Veteran
    (female)

KittyLove HB User
    What's the best Calcium Supplement?

I was taking Caltrate until my Grandmother mentioned it constipated her and that's when I realized...so was I!!! She mentioned taking Vitamin D instead. Does anyone have a suggestion or insight?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2006, 11:07 PM   #2
    easyrider09
    Inactive
    (male)

easyrider09 HB User
    Re: What's the best Calcium Supplement?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KittyLove
    I was taking Caltrate until my Grandmother mentioned it constipated her and that's when I realized...so was I!!! She mentioned taking Vitamin D instead. Does anyone have a suggestion or insight?
    take a calcium tablet with vit D. The vitamin D helps absorb the calcium- otherwise the calcium would sit and deposit in your intestines. Calcium is alot like eating chalk- there is no flavor to it nor is there any substance in calcium that would give you an upset stomach such as drinking milk.You can now buy orange juice with calcium and vitamin D for those who cannot drink milk.

Closed Thread