It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

Please Help Need 2 Take Iron!!!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2007, 07:11 AM   #1
happymedium
(female)

happymedium HB User
Please Help Need 2 Take Iron!!!

HI, please tell me what to do, i have to take iron 3 times a day 1 tablet 200mg each. Thing is they are playing up my acid reflux which in turn makes my chest tight also after taking them i itch all over for about 2 hours. I started on tuesday dr said my iron levels are low, they are giving me more energy already. Just cant put up with this horrible itching, thinking will need to go to health food shop see if they can help, really need the iron cause felt ill for a while. Have rang Dr on thursday & i was told this was normal, to cut the dose, which i have tried, PLEASE ANYONE WHAT CAN I DO??? thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2007, 10:46 AM   #2
brandini
(female)

brandini HB User
Re: Please Help Need 2 Take Iron!!!

If you drink Apple Cider Vinager diluted in water or apple juice it will help your acid reflux. I know it sounds weird but it works. Also, digestive enzymes are helpful if you want to take those. PLUS Iron is constipating so if you have this problem, take 400mg of magnesium a day and it will help this problem.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:34 AM   #3
6foot3
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User

I assume your female ?? Red meat/Liver and Spinach and Soybeans/Kidney beans are high in iron...Taking Iron pills should raise your levels as Iron cannot be purged from the body like all other minerals except by Bleeding it out...

Also taking high amounts of vitamin-C helps in its absorption (over 1000 mg a day)......

Old 01-15-2007, 07:55 AM   #4
happymedium
(female)

happymedium HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6foot3 View Post
I assume your female ?? Red meat/Liver and Spinach and Soybeans/Kidney beans are high in iron...Taking Iron pills should raise your levels as Iron cannot be purged from the body like all other minerals except by Bleeding it out...

Also taking high amounts of vitamin-C helps in its absorption (over 1000 mg a day)......
Hi, yes i am female, looks like will not be able to take the iron now just got off the phone with dr. i am having reaction to them, so until next appointment will have to start liking liver. My health is rubbish at mo cant seem to take anything (help!)

Old 01-15-2007, 11:24 AM   #5
6foot3
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User

Instead of just taking Iron supps try to take a womens formula with Iron as it is mixed in the other components and might not bother you as much...Are you loosing blood do to heavy menstruating??

Old 01-16-2007, 06:03 AM   #6
music12
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User

Ferrofood is a good iron supplement. Iron needs to be taken with Vitamin C.

Old 01-17-2007, 08:14 AM   #7
happymedium
(female)

happymedium HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6foot3 View Post
Instead of just taking Iron supps try to take a womens formula with Iron as it is mixed in the other components and might not bother you as much...Are you loosing blood do to heavy menstruating??
HI, yes the loss of blood has not helped, but i think it goes back a bit, i had a operation on my lung about 16months ago & i dont seem to have picked up from that. I also have things going on with my thyroid at mo, so i am having this checked all the time, i cant stop this iron though because i can feel myself getting more & more tired again

Old 01-17-2007, 08:15 AM   #8
happymedium
(female)

happymedium HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballady3 View Post
Ferrofood is a good iron supplement. Iron needs to be taken with Vitamin C.
Hi, will look into the ferrofood & have been thinking about taking vit c.

Old 01-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #9
6foot3
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymedium View Post
i cant stop this iron though because i can feel myself getting more & more tired again
For sure have the docs check you out...I wonder if there's is more going on here as the supplements should have helped..Lookup and research and ask your doctor about ''Aplastic Anemia'' as you may not be producing enough red blood cells to carry oxygen ..Just a thought and Best Wishes...

Closed Thread