It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

Brand of Chelated Magnesium Glycinate

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2007, 07:32 AM   #1
cappy7
(male)

cappy7 HB User
Brand of Chelated Magnesium Glycinate

Hello all,

I was wondering about the brand of Chelated Magnesium Glycinate I should purchase. After reading a few posts and doing some of my own research, this seems to be the best kind for absorption. We all know there are tons of brands out there so I was just wondering what you guys recommended. I don't want to take something with fillers and who knows what else is in there.

Also, for a 200 pound man, what would be the recommended daily dosage? I'm trying to rebuild my body after being diagnosed with Lyme disease a few months ago. And one thing I'm am seriously deficient in is Mag. The bacteria use it all up. I'm thinking at least 1000mg a day, probably more.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-02-2007, 07:48 AM   #2
music12
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User
Re: Brand of Chelated Magnesium Glycinate

The brand I use is made by Designs for Health - a good quality product. I take 600 mg. a day in two divided doses and I weigh 135, if that helps.

Ballady

Old 03-02-2007, 07:57 AM   #3
cappy7
(male)

cappy7 HB User

Thanks ballady. Appreciate the info. Maybe I should look at taking 1200mg a day. Do you find the magnesium to be helpful, in terms of feeling better?

Old 03-02-2007, 08:45 AM   #4
music12
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappy7 View Post
Thanks ballady. Appreciate the info. Maybe I should look at taking 1200mg a day. Do you find the magnesium to be helpful, in terms of feeling better?
Yes, I definitely think magnesium is helpful! Most people with CFS/Lyme are deficient in mag so you can probably take larger quantities, alhtough I don't know specifically about the amount you mention. But in addition to the 600 mg. I supplement with, I also get magnesium from other sources, such as food and some of my other supplements that have mag in them. The only problem I encountered was when I was taking mag citrate. It was too caustic for my system; therefore, I was only able to take a very small amount, otherwise I would end up with diarrhea. You shouldn't have any problems with the chelated variety.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:02 AM   #5
cappy7
(male)

cappy7 HB User

Thanks again ballady. I've been reading a lot of good articles about magnesium deficiency and the myriad of symptoms it can cause. Many doctors are now using supplementation in there practices.

Old 03-02-2007, 07:11 PM   #6
dianegirl
(female)

dianegirl HB User

Hi cappy...

I just recently added this to my vitamins, and the brand I chose is Carlson's Chelated Magnesium. The ingredients per pill are: Magnesium 200 mg (as magnesium glyclinate chelate). Only other ingredients are plant cellulose, stearic acid and magnesium sterate.

I really like Carlson's Labroatories products...they are a very reputable company and don't put a lot of "extras" into their products.

Hope this helps.

dianegirl

Closed Thread