It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

• Store brand vitamins or name brand?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-17-2007, 09:05 AM   #1
    Ms_ENV27
    Veteran
    (female)

Ms_ENV27 HB User
    Store brand vitamins or name brand?

I bought some Target brand multi-vitamin for women. Would it have been better to get the One-a-Day brand? Is there a huge difference in vitamin quality?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2007, 08:57 AM   #2
    Ms_ENV27
    Veteran
    (female)

Ms_ENV27 HB User
    Re: Store brand vitamins or name brand?

I can't believe after 24 people viewing this, no one has a single word to say? I guess i'm just going to call a pharmacy.

Well what I meant was out of 24 people no one knew the answer. Strange...I mean the thread subject kinda explained my question..lol..

Thanks anyway.

Last edited by Ms_ENV27; 09-18-2007 at 09:00 AM.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:26 AM   #3
    elizleigh
    (female)

elizleigh HB User

Hi Nicole,
    I don't know if I have the right answer or not, but I have found that by buying name brands, you don't always have to take multiple pills to get the same amount of vitamins. And I hate having to take more pills than I have to. Also, I think I trust the quality of name brands more than the store brands, but that is just me. Although I do sometimes buy the Vitamin Shoppe store brands simply because they are an actual vitamin store dedicated to providing and making vitamins and supplements.

Hope this helps!

Beth

Last edited by elizleigh; 09-18-2007 at 09:27 AM.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:32 AM   #4
    Ms_ENV27
    Veteran
    (female)

Ms_ENV27 HB User

Beth, it did help. Thanks a lot!!

Last edited by Ms_ENV27; 09-18-2007 at 11:33 AM.

Old 09-20-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
    CleanB
    (female)

CleanB HB User

Some vitamins are synthetic, usually the drug store varieties. Others, such as the variety found in health food stores may say that they are natural, but can contain low quality raw materials, can be unbalanced, and contain fillers. There are higher quality, natural vitamins that use high quality raw materials, are balanced, with strong enzymatic action retained, are bio-available at cell level and are backed by independent proven scientific research. Thse will be more expensive, but at least you are getting what you paid for.

Old 09-29-2007, 10:57 PM   #6
    Hardy09
    (male)

Hardy09 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nicole27 View Post
    I bought some Target brand multi-vitamin for women. Would it have been better to get the One-a-Day brand? Is there a huge difference in vitamin quality?

Thanks in advance!
    Target vitamins are made by NBTY, the same company that makes Nature's Bounty, Sundown, Osteo Bi-Flex, Puritan's Pride (mail order), Ester-C, Vitamin World, and many other brands. It is the largest vitamin company in the world, and its vitamins are the equal of any of the major brands in quality. It regularly scores well in consumer tests, and it's Puritan's Pride brand was rated #1 by a top consumer magazine a few years ago (because it was equal to the best they tested, but cost less). There is no difference in quality between any of the NBTY brands and the Target brand because they all come from the same source.

Last edited by Hardy09; 09-29-2007 at 11:00 PM.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #7
    kerellj
    (male)

kerellj HB User

I searched the net and found this great site with Nutrilite brand all organic vitamins and supplements!! I use them now and I feel great!! You get much more nutrition for your money. Here's the url:

[url]http://kjohnson62.qhealthbeauty.com[/url]

Check them out for yourself. I guarantee you won't be dissappointed with the quality and freshness .

Old 10-18-2007, 08:17 AM   #8
    cvoor
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

cvoor HB User

I take Centrum Silver, and they have worked great for me.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:50 AM   #9
    SHMILY
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SHMILY HB UserSHMILY HB User

I always try to buy the ones that say "chelated", water soluble, or in capsule form. I just figure they desolve better and you get more benefit from them.

This may sound gross, but I can't help think about what a friend that owned a Porta Potty business said. He was of the opinion that "vitamins do you no good' because of all the "whole" undesolved ones he found when he emptied his potties.

Closed Thread