It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

• Quercetin anyone?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-18-2008, 09:08 AM   #1
    katolb90
    (female)

katolb90 HB User
    Quercetin anyone?

Has anyone ever taken the bioflavonoid quercetin for problems with allergies and/or inflammation? I was taking it for about 6 weeks late last summer (worked great) and since I've been off of it, my immune system seems more sensitive. I'm thinking about starting it again, but not if it actually alters my immune system permanently. Anyone have any quercetin stories to tell?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
    RazzyDaz
    (female)

RazzyDaz HB User
    Re: Quercetin anyone?

There is not a day that doesn't go by that I do not take my Quercetin. I used to have extremely bad allergies, not anymore because of the Quercetin. So, much so, I am able to work in the yard. If your immune system is low, you need something else beside Quercetin. I would recommend looking into a probiotic, especially Enzymatic Therapy.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-24-2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: posted commercial website

Old 03-27-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
    katolb90
    (female)

katolb90 HB User

Enzymatic Therapy? Is that a brand name? I'm not sure if my immune system is low, or if its just overactive. I'm having trouble eating many things and my blood pressure spikes. And actually the quercetin helped with the blood pressure so I'm sure its an immune/allergy issue.

Old 03-30-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
    RazzyDaz
    (female)

RazzyDaz HB User

What do you mean by having trouble eating certain foods?

Old 03-31-2008, 08:39 AM   #5
    katolb90
    (female)

katolb90 HB User

By trouble I mean I was getting gas, bloating, constipation and indigestion from almost everything. I feel better now though. I switched my calcium/magnesium brand and only take 1 pill at night. I'm on allegra (which really seemed to help my blood pressure) for allergies. And I'm on a very low dose high blood pressure medication which I plan to get off of right after my vacation. I also started taking a higher dose b complex with more b12 in it which also helped my digestion. I also started eating more meat (chicken/fish) and less carbs. And I stopped fiber supplements. I was trying to eat a lot of fiber, but that really seemed to work against me. So is Enzymatic Therapy a brand? I looked for it at vitamin shoppe, but they appeared to be out of it.

Closed Thread